Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo 3 dropped to a "pathetic" 2.25 million games per day...

Clearly not enough for you to find it "noticable" given that it's all seamless. Liar.

(The first data set is Halo 2, the second is Halo 3)
    Attached Files
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why does the variance get much, much smaller at some points?

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

why would nintendo respond at all?
        The Arcade being cheaper than their budget console could be good PR for MS.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Why does the variance get much, much smaller at some points?
          My guess is summer vacation = more consistent online play, rather than weekend-heavy?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Makes sense.

Comment

That chart is from a Bungie GDC presentation on Halo 3 matchmaking BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

I guess there isnt anything more interesting to say about the console sales.
                Reiterated.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Not until NPD.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

You're so full of ****.

I don't know if this is true or not but it's still a funny quote.

We will seen who is wrong when the xbox360 or ps3 totally wins. I think Asher will be right though. ("the north american lauch is the most important by far"--Asher)

NPD = New product development.
                    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

Oh, and the reason why there is nothing to say until nothing NPD is that the wii will countie to 'win' the consule wars. And the ps3 will outsell the 360 due to the hardware stortages. I wonder what could cause an xbox360 storage. It makes no sense.
                      “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

once again 360 loses on HW, cleans up on SW.

360 behind Wii AND PS3. shortages, I guess

5 of top ten SW are 360. old stuff and new. Only Wii SW in top ten is Wiiplay (which is really HW) and Guitar Hero.

360 outsells PS3 on Devil May Cry,

Oh and 3 of top ten SW titles from Activision

from Quartertothree

Hardware

Nintendo DS - 587.6K (from 251K)
                        Wii - 432K (from 274K)
                        PlayStation 2 - 351.8K (from 264K)
                        PlayStation 3 - 280.8K (from 269k)
                        Xbox 360 - 254.6K (from 230K)
                        Playstation Portable - 243.1K (from 230K)

Top 10 SW
                        Top-Selling VG Software - February 2008
                        RELEASE TOTAL U.S. RANK
                        TITLE PUBLISHER DATE UNITS

360 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE* ACTIVISION 7-Nov 296.2K 1
                        360 DEVIL MAY CRY 4* CAPCOM USA 8-Feb 295.2K 2
                        WII PLAY W/ REMOTE NINTENDO OF AMERICA 7-Feb 289.7K 3
                        PS3 DEVIL MAY CRY 4* CAPCOM USA 8-Feb 233.5K 4
                        WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK* ACTIVISION 7-Oct 222.9K 5
                        NDS MARIO AND SONIC: OLYMPIC GAMES SEGA OF AMERICA 8-Jan 205.6K 6
                        360 LOST ODYSSEY MICROSOFT 8-Feb 203.6K 7
                        360 TUROK TOUCHSTONE 8-Jan 197.7K 8
                        PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK* ACTIVISION 7-Oct 183.8K 9
                        360 ROCK BAND* MTV GAMES/ELECTRONIC ARTS 7-Nov 161.8K 10
                        Last edited by lord of the mark; March 13, 2008, 20:06.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

360 LOST ODYSSEY MICROSOFT 8-Feb 203.6K 7
                          Good for Lost Odyssey
                          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

I think the PS3 sales will fall back down to earth in March after the "Bluray won the war!" buzz dies down and the 360 stock is replenished.

Comment

Apparently a MS exec said 360 supply should be back to normal in April, so March may look very similar. Rumours are they're flushing out stock in the channel to prepare for new SKUs + pricedrop in April/May.

Main rumour is the 20GB SKU will be replaced with a 60GB SKU to compete with the PS3.

Comment

More numbers
                                From IGN:

Citing NPD numbers, Microsoft released a statement today saying Xbox 360 sold $184 million worth of games in February, with Wii selling $130 million and PS3 selling $97 million. About $159 million of Microsoft's $184 million in game sales were from third-party games, which the company said represented 45 percent of third-party market share among current-generation consoles
                                Wow, almost half the 3rd market share is impressive.
                                Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Working...
                                X