No announcement yet.

Best Game In Railroad Tycoon Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyways. my local game stores don't carry RT2 anymore so I have to go for RT3.
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Rumour has it you can download stuff from teh internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Andemagne
        anyways. my local game stores don't carry RT2 anymore so I have to go for RT3.
        Did you check online retailers/auctions like Amazon or eBay? EDIT: RRT2 Platinum is currently available for $4.95 via Steam, if that's an option for you.

The good thing about this thread is that it has gotten me to play all four of the games again... so if anyone wants to play some RRT2/3 MP, just say so...

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
          o' reilly?

Originally posted by Jonny
          Did you check online retailers/auctions like Amazon or eBay? EDIT: RRT2 Platinum is currently available for $4.95 via Steam, if that's an option for you.
          downloading and online stores are options for me, but I'm too old fashioned to do that.

The good thing about this thread is that it has gotten me to play all four of the games again... so if anyone wants to play some RRT2/3 MP, just say so...

no, not me. you must have atleast half a decade on me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

BTW, if I update myself to 21st century, what other download sites are there besides gamersgate?

Comment

Well, you have Steam and Direct2Drive, but I don't have any experience with any of them, only GamersGate.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Andemagne

BTW, if I update myself to 21st century, what other download sites are there besides gamersgate?
                Edit by snoopy: Let's keep that out of the forum please...
                Last edited by snoopy369; February 28, 2008, 00:09.

Comment

I haven't played Sid Meier's Railroads! or RT3, but RT2 sucks. RT2 sucks because it is a regression from the original except for graphics. What really got me though are the bugs in the game.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I liked RT2 but found it tedious

does anyone know where one can get Transport Tycoon now? I used to love that game so much.
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                      I liked RT2 but found it tedious

does anyone know where one can get Transport Tycoon now? I used to love that game so much.
                      Better than the original!

Open TTD
                      Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

The problem with RT3 is that its economy is too realistic. The game becomes much, much harder the closer you get to the late 20th century, and the fun goes away. Also, simulated clearcutting ruins a lot of the scenery as forests turn into stumps.

I like RT2, though mainly for the stock market mini-game.

I second the OpenTTD suggestion (though one does need to have a few files from TTD to play OpenTTD). As far as actual railroad-building games, that's the fun one.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

St Leo sighting

a brave venture out of the depths ?
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                          X