What will be the economy of Spore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will be the economy of Spore?

The city and civilization phase of Spore must have a economy of some sort… right? I mean how else could they make those two work without one? And how will they keep it simple enough for Sims fans and complex enough so that its interesting for the other spectrum of players?
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

As one of a number of city sized settlements on the map, your ultimate aim is to conquer the planet by Economic, Religious or Military means.
    There is, apparently, some kind of economic victory.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Better start saving your simoleons.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Any new info on this?

Comment

In the Civilization phase there are geiser looking places on the map (I believe they're called spice in the game). Send a vehicle over there, build a building, then watch the money roll in (of course you need to defend them)
          At some point they run dry, but there are other ways to increase income... but how I've forgotten

I believe this is mentioned in one of the videos I've posted, but I don't remember which one
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

tribe phase it's food. You get it by eating other creatures.
            First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
            Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Here's a nice preview about the Civilization phase:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...96&tag=topslot;thumb;2

It does give a bit new information (at least some I haven't seen before), but not that much... still worth a read
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
              X