Making history: The calm and the storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making history: The calm and the storm

Here is it, the game I like the most in the whole wide world. http://www.making-history.com/hq/ is the homepage and its a turn based WW2 game. You can play any nation in the war, including Albania, Mongolia or Luxenburg, if you just want to sit around and to nothing. But I gues you will be playing as Germany, the UK or the US. Or maybe the Sovjet, they will have pleanty of action.

I do hope someone here tries it, I dont think you will regret it, since as I said, its my fav game, better then civ 4. If you do try it you might need some help understanding stuff. Then feel free to write here, I'll help you.

What's so great about it?

Comment

Well, you...uh, never get tired of it and, even when it dont have the great events or other stuff that surprices and makes you say "Wow, I really got caught with my armies at the wrong place" it still has "it". Also, you get to change history. Its without dubt a must-have for strategy fans.

Comment

What makes it better than HOI2?

Comment

Well crafted 2D graphics > Piggish 3D graphics.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Let me say like this, sometimes you just have to sit back and breeth slowely for a min or two to realize how you just got surprised by the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
              That was my next question.

Comment

C'mon... Is this a Trial? :/ I just gave you all a nice hint. I heard people on the MH forums talking about Hoi2, but I dont know what it is. I google'd it but Hoi2 seems to be short for something so....

Comment

Hearts of Iron 2
                  The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Dear god, that game is like 10 bucks at the store near my school... Might just buy it. It looks kinda bad in grapics to me but I Played games like tibia and Guitar hero and enyoyed them quite well. Also MH isent that good in grapics. But I'm telling you all... Its sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                      I dont know what Hoi2 has. But here is some things that MH has, and if HoI miss somthing of it I can go like "nananananana", you know.

Events.
                      Ability to play any nation.
                      Kick-ass diplomacy.
                      Easy to play and learn. (It takes time but when your in it, your IN IT).
                      Multi-turn combat.
                      Nice reseach.
                      Being turn based!

Comment

HoI2 is kind of turnbased played in real time. Other than that, sounds like good ol' HoI2. You should buy HoI2D btw, it's a stand alone XP(which means you don't need the original game), which makes the game much better. You can buy it on Gamersgate.com.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'm curious how the teaching edition differs...

Other than that, looks like quite a bit of fun, and also appears the laptop would handle it fine. Worthy of consideration.
                          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I now tried Hoi2 doomsday, dident really like it. Im not sure if it was worth my 99 krones...
                            In euro

Or is there somthing I might have missed? I just think it suck, really.

Comment

Spme of the high appeal of HoI2 is the company that developed it (Paradox) has so far avoided that "greed is good, innovation and risk is bad"" mentality endemic among many other PC game publishers.

They also seem to avoid using OS-raping copy protection.
                              There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Working...
                              X