Botf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botf

LOL, I'm tempted to go and get mine out of the closet and put it u; there.

We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

$65? Wow...

As the saying goes, "There's a sucker born every minute." It was 'almost' a good game; just needed to fix some things.

Comment

I got this and played it to death when I was twelve, it wasn't really that bad, when you're that age you don't care about having to click all those little bits to get things done, or micromanaging through everything with little help from the interface, or any other niggles it had. And the Trek theme bumped up the score a lot.

And I think I paid something to the tune of $65 for it back then, I could make it back now!
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I thought BOTF was pretty much immediately discounted.

No, that was the real MOO3.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I'm selling mine for $60 if anyone is interested.

Comment

Well, it was around 300-350 markka back then, it would have been equal to 60 dollars. If you still had 300 markka around you could turn that into 50 euros (until the end of the year), which is actually worth $75, and my copy is well used, so I really can't get my money back.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I played this game to death.

It was almost a masterpiece, but rushed development resulted in merely an average game.
              There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

It is $65 for the disk only in a jeweled case, boxed gently used copies like mine sell for more, like $100+

New ones are going for $165 LOL
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Hmm, I thought it was a blip rather than a serious price. I'll have to check ebay to see if it is the same here!

Comment

Well between £32 for a used copy to £112 for a new copy on Amazon.co.uk market place which about matches the US prices.

Still these things happen - I gave a friend an old digital camera and a handful of smart media cards only to discover similar cards were going for £20 - £30 each on ebay. Far more than the camera was worth.

Comment

I used to play it a lot. I enjoyed it despite the flaws. The thing that really annoyed me was when the Borg or the cristalline entity would show up and devastate all your planets. There was little you could do about it.
                      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                        The thing that really annoyed me was when the Borg or the cristalline entity would show up and devastate all your planets. There was little you could do about it.
                        True to the show

Comment

IIRC you could actually kill the crystalline entity with enough ships.

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                            I used to play it a lot. I enjoyed it despite the flaws. The thing that really annoyed me was when the Borg or the cristalline entity would show up and devastate all your planets. There was little you could do about it.
                            As Spikey said, but if you have enough cloaked ships, neither will get to shoot at you.
                            There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

The borg are killable unless they come *too* early. The worst though was that they'd GUT the ai if they came in on their edges of the map, ruining the game and wasting all that tedious micromanagement

Comment

Working...
                              X