FG: MAFIA #69 The Adventure of the Dying Detectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What no comments
    I wasnt sure when it was posted, that there wasnt a second post coming or it was game over.

It seems the mafia couldnt resist drawing attention to himself....
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

any clues ???

i should have figured it was Shiva when i died first. but i ginore that and try to see clues instead.
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
        i should have figured it was Shiva when i died first.
        Why?

When Herc asked for a kill list, I just copy/pasted teh signup list.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Clues

The clues were in broadly three categories: those relating to Robert Stephens, those to Lord Shiva and those to Billy Wilder (who directed The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes).

Robert Stephens

In Rasputins death

Upstairs in their apartments, the stars unpacked their suitcases each of which contained amongst normal wear, their various bits and pieces of Holmesian lore and stage craft: cloaks, pipes, magnifying glass, phials, pistols, and violin to name but a few items.

We were all present bar one. It was then we heard a terrific screech that reverberated through the hotel lobby.

Robert Stephens played the role of Pistol in Henry V (1989) also played a character called screech in American Roulette (1988)

In Duke’s death

There was a pistol wound to his head and it seemed he had opened the window for some air.

LordShiva

In ‘duke O’ york’s death

‘At least five of you should know this place well.

Five is a number associated with Lord Shiva

First down was Wontner, followed soon after by Rowe, Brett, Cushing and Stephens. Massey and Cook were next, followed by another five in the lift.

Billy Wilder

In Opening scene

But I could see he missed Dudley Moore. ‘A big loss the day Dudley died’. An obscure clue in that Billy Wilder died on the same day as Dudley Moore, hence the slightly awkward phrasing.

In Rasputin’s death

’a clothes shop that featured traditional clothing such as Deerstalker caps, cloaks, capes, fedoras and trench coats’. Fedora was a film directed by Billy Wilder.

In Duke’s death

I pointed out Hatton Gardens, the UK’s Diamond centre.

I A L Diamondwas the main writer of the Private Life script.

we could just make out Canary Wharf in the distance
          In the Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, part of the early story involved tracking a crate of canaries to Inverness and on to Glenahuric.
          Last edited by Hercules; January 17, 2008, 18:33.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

As the story progressed I would have included more and more references to characters played by Robert Stephens or highlights of his life.

Also more characteristics associated with Shiva. eg auspicious, third eye, destroyer.

And heaps more references to the actual film (the private life) and to other films by Billy Wilder eg 'Some like it hot'. The jazz band mention was an early flag to that.

Comment

Plus I wanted of course to try to imitate, a little, Watson's/ Doyle's writing style.l

Comment

well hidden again....

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                  well hidden again....

Well yes, but it was just 2/3 episodes into the game. Given a few more chapters ( and deaths), the clues would have crowded the text.

btw did you spot any?

Comment

none at all.

i never do. i always look for obvious clues , the ones that even CSI would find.

I can never work out the clues that are hidden in the text .

Comment

• Ha ha is this a new strategy from a foremost detective:

Proclaim to be hopeless at detecting clues: hence not be targetted by mafia.

Comment

• btw did you spot any?
                        I noticed the five reference(since there was a fourth reference in a similar position earlier) but i know nothing about shiva and why that connects to him. I was guessing there were clues in the noun piles(lists of objects) but unfortunately didnt have the time\interest to run down each item versus each player. Also i assumed the clues were very vague early on and later would be easier, so i knew any link would be a real stretch. I was looking at adagio early on as a result of some vague connections-never suspected shiva at all.
                        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
                        X