Deus Ex 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deus Ex 3

Lets just call it Deus Ex 2 and forget that first sequel. I actually forgot about the sequel anyway until I heard this news.

Eidos has announced the long-awaited third entry in the Deus Ex franchise, the sci-fi RPG shooter series originally handled by Ion Storm. The game...

Eidos has announced the long-awaited third entry in the Deus Ex franchise, the sci-fi RPG shooter series originally handled by Ion Storm. The game is being developed at Eidos' recently formed Montreal studio for unspecified consoles, though PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 editions are likely.
    The game is currently at an extremely early stage. General studio manager Stephane D'Astous told Gamasutra that the team just received approval for the title's proof of concept. The team will be allotted up to two years for development, suggesting the game is targeted for a holiday 2009 release.

"Deus Ex was very highly rated at its release in 2000, and we have this great huge mandate to do the third one, and everybody is very excited," noted D'Astous. The existence of the title was suggested in an Eidos interview earlier this year.

Deus Ex creator Warren Spector, who was also responsible for System Shock 2, is not likely to be involved with the project. Spector's company, Junction Point Studios, was recently acquired by Disney, with the creator noting that his next game was, "the only project that could've tempted me to leave the world of independent development."
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

I'm more interested in Warren Spector's unspecified new game.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I really hope it's great. The challenge in creating a worthy sequel here is huge - something they didn't mange to do with Invisible War. Hopefully it'll be more like the original.

It's simple... do it right and you have one of the best games ever on your hands.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I love the idea, but I'm not going to get worked up about it. I personally thought Invisible War would have been considered a good but not great game if it didn't have to measure up against the original, but now they have to not only live up to the mark set by the first but overcome the bad tastes left by the second. I have the same leeriness about this that I do about Fallout 3.
        Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Yeah. Invisible War wasn't a bad game. It's a solid game in fact, it's just that solid is nowhere near good enough to be a worthy sequel to a game like Deus Ex.

I hope they make the right decisions now. If the design team decides not to simplify the game but stick more closely with the original's style, it'll be great.

Interesting if it's another sequel, story-wise, or not. Maybe it's a prequel and you get to play as Paul.

Comment

IW just wasn't the game I wanted. I only buy two games every three months so I am not going to buy a game that I wouldn't enjoy much. IW just wasn't the type of game I wanted to play. I really didn't get my Deus Ex fix again until STALKER came out.
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Lucky you, I still haven't gotten my Deus Ex fix, nothing else quite does that.

Comment

I was hoping Bioshock would fill that void but it really didn't. It was just another first person game where you can pretty much just sleepwalk through. Not in terms of difficulty, but just in terms of not having to pay attention to much aside from killing things.

Comment

Bioshock came closer in that regard IMO. It did have an interesting story and messages from characters.

There are other games with a good story, there just really aren't that combine a great story with great gameplay the way Deus Ex does. Or games that even try to have DeusEx-style gameplay for that matter. Most games still only give you one or two ways to approach an area.

Comment

Deus Ex.

Comment

Finally Spikie likes something that I do

Comment

Your taste in games (CtP aside) is actually not that bad, so I think there would be many others actually.

Comment

Now, now. Don't break my illusions

Comment

Memories...

Comment

And no posts from you.

Comment

Working...
                              X