Console Wars II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 4.

I think game reviewers have a long way to go before they achieve any sort of credibility.

Comment

• What's wrong with COD4?

I think game reviewers have a long way to go before they achieve any sort of credibility.

Did Dick Cheney's head just say this?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• COD4 is another shooter. If it is anything like the other three in the series -- on rails, big explosions, omfg so cool -- then the designers should be dragged into the streets and beaten.

I would take any decent Wii game over that derivative and repetitive crap.

And I am not dick cheney's head, that is irrelevant even if I were. You are fooling yourself if you think that game sites are credible. Most reviewers are young and immature and they are not wise or clever like most film reviewers.

Where is the Siskel and Ebert of the videogame world? Where is the New York Times Book review of videogames? Does not exist. Instead we have 15 year olds writing 10/10 reviews for the lamest crap.

Comment

• I've got a weird feeling I've been here before.

Comment

• You are not alone.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
              COD4 is another shooter. If it is anything like the other three in the series -- on rails, big explosions, omfg so cool -- then the designers should be dragged into the streets and beaten.

I would take any decent Wii game over that derivative and repetitive crap.

And I am not dick cheney's head, that is irrelevant even if I were. You are fooling yourself if you think that game sites are credible. Most reviewers are young and immature and they are not wise or clever like most film reviewers.

Where is the Siskel and Ebert of the videogame world? Where is the New York Times Book review of videogames? Does not exist. Instead we have 15 year olds writing 10/10 reviews for the lamest crap.
              I disagreed with Siskel and Ebert on more occasions than I agree. I disagree with a lot of reviews for video games as well.

But let's be honest: the main problem with video game reviewers is they either have no degree or an arts degree. If they had capacity for critical thought, they'd pick a better career. Right Wiggy?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I've got a weird feeling I've been here before.
                If you've been paying attention, you might realize this is actually Hell.
                I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• CoD4 looks great by the way.

Comment

• But let's be honest: the main problem with video game reviewers is they either have no degree or an arts degree.
                    What does an arts degree have to do with it? Are you implying that someone with a computer sciences degree is more qualified to review videogames?

Comment

• Well, they are clearly better suited to joke detection at least.

Comment

• Well, they are clearly better suited to joke detection at least.
                        Let's see... your previous history of comments regarding artists would seem to imply you were probably completely serious

Comment

• Originally posted by ZargonX
                          What does an arts degree have to do with it? Are you implying that someone with a computer sciences degree is more qualified to review videogames?
                          Of course, they're more intelligent in the first place.

Comment

• More geeky perhaps.

Comment

• We are talking about people who review video games, DrSpike. More geeky in this case means more competent.

Comment

• I can certainly see why you would argue that.

Comment

Working...
                                X