No announcement yet.

Console Wars II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I don't like large MP maps. They are far more for nerd gamers that win because they know the in and outs of the map compared to actual skill.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Why are you guys calling Warhawk a shooter? I thought it was a flying game...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        And Halo has way more than just deathmatches...again, Agathon, man up and give us your gamertag and bungie.net account. And again, someone else please ask him so he can't use the "Asher is on ignore" excuse when he reads this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Why are you guys calling Warhawk a shooter? I thought it was a flying game...
          It has some half-assed shooting implemented as well.

It's a very weak clone of the Battlefield games.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            Britney sells more than Beethoven.

I really doubt that, if you count lifetime sales...
            I doubt it even if you count this year's sales

And I see nothing wrong with people who prefer Britney to Beethoven, some people don't like classical music. It would be nice if people here were a bit more accepting that opinions other than their own could, theoretically, be correct, and that different people have different definitions of "fun", "good", etc...

Maybe it's okay for someone to like huge map games with a vehicle focus, AND someone else like small map games with quick action.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

No, you want small maps with vehicles so you run over people more with the warthog, or whatever vehicle is like a warthog.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Splatter achievements.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

My mate has Warhawk - I wasn't that impressed tbh.

Comment

Splatter achievements.

Almost sounds like what some friends in college would do in Madden back in the day ... play with the N64 controlling most of the teams, they'd each have one, and then they'd keep "score" not by who won, but by who injured the most opposing players
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Submitted without comment...

OMG! The exact same ratio, that we've already absorbed from the table, and discussed, is now presented in, will wonders never cease, a pie chart. Isnt technology grand? Isnt it wonderful the way consultants use it?
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

They pay us big money for charts.

Comment

Best Buy has a promo on now -- the external HD DVD drive for the 360 is $179 and comes with Season 1 of "Heroes" on HD DVD.

Comment

Wasn't it already $179?

And downloadable movies over Live >> paying for an HD-DVD player and then for HD-DVD's.

Comment

The selection on Live is nowhere near what you'd find at Netflix.

Comment

Submitted without comment...

I would be interested in seeing these stats for other months as well; has the 360 dominated as much in the past, and will it continue to do so in the future, or is September largely due to Halo 3? To be honest, I'm surprised th 360 hardware sales weren't higher for Sept - they were only a little higher than the Wii.
                                mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Working...
                                X