No announcement yet.

Console Wars II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Kuci was referring to the IR port at first.

Forgot he had the fugly Halo one. That button is the wireless sync button. You do that to sync new wireless controllers without plugging them in. Press the sync on the console, and the green circles rotate on the LED...press the sync on the controller, they do the same...then they both flash and are synced.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
      FAble is the game you can play in 5 hours?

JM
      Yeah

Comment

• looks like some folks still think they can make money buying and reselling the Wii.

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Some people are stupid. Please stick to the topic.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Objection overruled - I declare his point on topic as it shows the high demand for the Wii right now.

Comment

• How does posting an ad show anything about demand?

Did you fail Econ 101, Spike?

Give me 2 mins and I'll post an ad on CraigsList for some naval lint I have for $100. Then we can listen to you discuss the high demand for my naval lint.

Comment

• No, I taught Econ 101.

Posting your navel lint auction is off topic in this thread, but pointing out the high price of the Wii in the second hand market is not.

It's the same here - you can't buy a used Wii for much less than £10 below full retail price. If you dispute LotM's point (i.e that the link he posted is not indicative of the wider market, or that the same could be said about other consoles, or that actually it's quite cheap in the US market) then fine - be my guest. But whether his point is good or bad it's on topic, end of story.

Comment

• But there is Wii demand

EDIT;crosspost and a slowass one at that
                  if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                    No, I taught Econ 101.

Posting your navel lint auction is off topic in this thread, but pointing out the high price of the Wii in the second hand market is not.

It's the same here - you can't buy a used Wii for much less than £10 below full retail price. If you dispute LotM's point (i.e that the link he posted is not indicative of the wider market, or that the same could be said about other consoles, or that actually it's quite cheap in the US market) then fine - be my guest. But whether his point is good or bad it's on topic, end of story.
                    It's ridiculous to point to individual sales as an indicator of a bigger trend.

I could sell my Wii for $20 on eBay and post a link to it. That's on-topic and shows that the Wii is virtually worthless. Hooray for intelligent discussion?

High prices on the second hand market mean nothing if no one is buying it. Due to the sensationalism of the Wii and the approaching holiday season, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a lot of people bought them and tried to resell them at a premium as the holidays approach. Unless you can show these actually selling, they mean nothing. It's really basic economics, right Spike?
                    Last edited by Asher; November 12, 2007, 19:52.

Comment

• That's just it - they do sell at those high prices in the second hand market, in the UK at least. I don't know how widespread it is.

I think (for once) you should just admit you spoke too soon and in fact (whether you like it or not, agree or disagree) the point LotM implicitly raised is a valid one for discussion here.

Comment

• I'm happy to discuss his point (and it has been discussed here before), but I reserve the right to mock anyone and everyone (and, apparently this includes you) that links to a simple online ad and insist that:
                        1) It is widespread
                        2) They always sell
                        3) It's indicative of more than one person's attempt to sell a console he ain't going to use (like this is a good thing)

If you want to make these claims, then go ahead. But you gotta do it then. Linking to individual classified ads with no idea if people are actually buying it at this point, is stupid, pointless, and profoundly ignorant.

Shame on you.

Comment

• Only $250

Comment

• Wiggy, did you post that?

Edit: Nope, Nov 8th. It's true though.

Comment

• I was not indicating that it would sell at that price. I was just amused that someone thinks it would, and apparently is still trying to play that game. I presume no one here is going out and BUYING navel lint at $80 with the intent of selling it at $100. The guy who did this, apparently is taking a risk with his own money, and assume he did SOME research. He may lose, thats the way risks are, or he may breakeven and waste his time, but its interesting that Wii demand is high enough that someone is even trying to playing that game. (I assume of course that the ad is valid)
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Shame on you.
                                I imagine your the only one here that would be saying the Wii has no demand. Is it because its a bad console? Because your a completely biased fanboy? Who can tell?

Why exactly are these threads referred to as console wars? Better name puts smackdown on Wii. Its a recurring theme....
                                if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
                                X