Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

Did someone mention cherry picking?

Please look at the game release cycles for EA for each platform during that time if you want to make this an issue.
    that was kinda my point, sorry if I was unclear.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• So your point was the 360 had no new EA games in a quarter when the PC had a bunch of high-profile games like C&C3, Sims 2 Pets, etc?

The implications of this are __________?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• ...that you just got trolled.

Comment

So your point was the 360 had no new EA games in a quarter when the PC had a bunch of high-profile games like C&C3, Sims 2 Pets, etc?

The implications of this are __________?
          The PC and 360 are both important platforms to EA, and each dominates in quarters where they have important new releases.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• I think that's a rather retarded conclusion to draw. It should be very clear that one dominates the other overall.

The PC only sells more in quarters with no real 360 releases. Throw a party!

The 360, just one console, sells more EA software (which is a PC-centric house) on a regular basis.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• EA is big on sports though, which isn't PC focused?

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I think that's a rather retarded conclusion to draw. It should be very clear that one dominates the other overall.

That there are significant numbers of quarters where EA has no "real" 360 releases, but does have "real" PC releases is itself interesting.

Not that I know how many such quarters there are. You provided info on two quarters, and out of those two, one was a strong PC quarter, and this at a point when 360 software is really developing momentum.

Comment

I think that's a rather retarded conclusion to draw. It should be very clear that one dominates the other overall.

The 360, just one console, sells more EA software (which is a PC-centric house) on a regular basis.
                  Just one console?

We're long past the era when the PC is competing in volume with all consoles combined, its enough for the PC to compete with one strong console platform.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                    That there are significant numbers of quarters where EA has no "real" 360 releases, but does have "real" PC releases is itself interesting.
                    There ARE significant numbers of quarters where this is the case? Here I was thinking it was an abnormality.

Link for the "significant number of quarters?

Console games are typically very cyclic. The majority of games come out in the last half of the year. As such, drawing conclusions as if every quarter was equal is false. As these numbers show, the PC ends up being a rather small platform compared to the consoles overall. If you want to see complete and total domination, wait for the Q4 numbers...where console games destroy PC games in sales.

Comment

There ARE significant numbers of quarters where this is the case? Here I was thinking it was an abnormality.
                      I dunno, I was going by the data you provided.

Comment

• Found in DC area Craigslist

"Fable: The lost chapter (PC Game - Windows) - $10

I played only once. It's almost new. Need to sell it because I don't have time to play it and I am playing Wii now. Only ask for $10. Thanks"

Comment

• Comment

• FAble is the game you can play in 5 hours?

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• What does the red button right next to the memory card slots do? [on the 360]

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                                What does the red button right next to the memory card slots do? [on the 360]
                                It's for the wireless controllers.

Comment

Working...
                                X