Console Wars II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nikolai

I have had lots of lots of lots of fun with it. And my room mate even more. Not to talk about my friends.
    Give a kid a stick and he'll be entertained for days.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

Metroid Prime III
      Not out everywhere. Too early to tell.

Zelda: The Wind Waker
      A GC game. Come on.

Zelda: TP has some quite well over here at least btw.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I have had lots of lots of lots of fun with it. And my room mate even more. Not to talk about my friends.
        Thats fine, I guess I just don't get it. It would be a lot more fun if it actually modeled the actions right for the sports it includes. Instead it replaces mindless button pushing with mindless wrist flicking, I would rather press buttons .
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

But I believe Spring 08 is when Wii sales will start their decline. FWIW, weekly sales were already down slightly last month -- masked by the fact that it was a 5-week month for NPD.
          Haha, funny. Sales were off very slightly for the weekly average, but still way up over its spring/early summer marks. sales by week

Just to be clear, we're not talking slight decline, we're talking when t will drop to gamecube type monthly sales. (though I guess that is still above where the ps3 currently is)

Comment

Give a kid a stick and he'll be entertained for days.
            Doesn't change anything. Face it, not all people like the games you like. I've never liked FPSes, but you don't see me making fun of those who do.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Doesn't change anything. Face it, not all people like the games you like. I've never liked FPSes, but you don't see me making fun of those who do.
              The only way Wii Sports is enjoyable is when everyone is drunk and there's drinking games involved. Otherwise it's perhaps THE most shallow game, EVER.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by flash9286

Thats fine, I guess I just don't get it. It would be a lot more fun if it actually modeled the actions right for the sports it includes. Instead it replaces mindless button pushing with mindless wrist flicking, I would rather press buttons .
                To each his own I guess. But it's not mindless as I see it. I win over my friends who plays mindless, and loose to my room mate who really KNOWS how to play the game right to the detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel

Haha, funny. Sales were off very slightly for the weekly average, but still way up over its spring/early summer marks. sales by week

Just to be clear, we're not talking slight decline, we're talking when t will drop to gamecube type monthly sales. (though I guess that is still above where the ps3 currently is)
                  I'm talking about where it'll be outsold by the 360 on a regular basis. And I think Spring 08 will be the date.

Comment

To each his own I guess. But it's not mindless as I see it. I win over my friends who plays mindless, and loose to my room mate who really KNOWS how to play the game right to the detail.
                    Oh my god.

You're serious aren't you?

Words escape me. Are you a TIC TAC TOE GRANDMASTER also?

Comment

The only way Wii Sports is enjoyable is when everyone is drunk and there's drinking games involved. Otherwise it's perhaps THE most shallow game, EVER.
                      Funny, nearly all my friends don't drink, I have never played the game while drinking, and still we all have fun.

Comment

Oh my god.

You're serious aren't you?

Words escape me. Are you a TIC TAC TOE GRANDMASTER also?
                        Of course I'm serious silly. But please, don't try to make another word fight, it's so useless.

Comment

Funny, nearly all my friends don't drink, I have never played the game while drinking, and still we all have fun.
                          Perhaps the game seems deep to you guys. It's shallow. Wii Tennis, for instance, is as deep as Pong. Wii Golf is even worse. There's like 4 or 5 predefined spots the ball can land in. I hit in the exact same place 3 times in a row once. I guess I'm a natural golfer.

Comment

No, the only way Wii sports is enjoyable is if it increases the chance of getting laid.

For us heteros, it works quite well.

I'm thinking getting drunk with a bunch of dudes and playing wii sports would not be all that great...

Comment

• Perhaps this is the cultural disconnect. Us homos play strip-video-games. It starts off in Halo and progresses to Wii Sports after we get too drunk to play real games.

Comment

Perhaps the game seems deep to you guys. It's shallow. Wii Tennis, for instance, is as deep as Pong. Wii Golf is even worse. There's like 4 or 5 predefined spots the ball can land in. I hit in the exact same place 3 times in a row once. I guess I'm a natural golfer.
                                Fine. I've read that before I think. You don't like Wii Sports, I've got that. Now, could you please let others like it without your world collapsing. Thank God we are not everyone alike. That would be one boring world.

Comment

Working...
                                X