X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nhl20008 360

Anyone have this?

How the hell do I score.

I am playing on rookie with strong teams against weak goalies, and I can maybe luck into 1-2 goals per game. My high is 3 using the Western Conference Allstars vs team Belarus.

I've tried auto aim off and on.

I'm playing with the skill stick controls.

I'm used to the older ps2 nhl games and hitting tons of one timers for goals, this time, I'm getting nothing out of my one timers. Everything stopped. I'm seriously destroying teams shotwise, but nothing goes in.

Maybe I need to change my coaching strategy around, to reposition my players...

Practice makes perfect.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

i dont think there will be a NHL 20K8. Well we can hope that America and hockey and sports games will exist... but i doubt it.

i do know canada will exist. and it will be a major world power. but they will all be mentally retarded governed by highly intelligent chimp warlords.
      :-p

Comment

gee thanks.

i wish there was a better skill stick tutorial.

Comment

I haven't got this yet - there are too many good Xbox games to play at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
            i dont think there will be a NHL 20K8. Well we can hope that America and hockey and sports games will exist... but i doubt it.

i do know canada will exist. and it will be a major world power. but they will all be mentally retarded governed by highly intelligent chimp warlords.
            whoops!

haha

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              I haven't got this yet - there are too many good Xbox games to play at the moment.
              You're an NHL fan?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

No, but I am a game fan and this one has got some good reviews. I'm not from the school of thought that suggests you have to like the real world activity the game covers.

Do you like shooting plasma guns at alien invaders in real life?

Comment

I certainly would.

Sports games are different though, they're rated highly by fans of the sport because it recreates the flow and feeling of the real sports game. If you're not a fan of the underlying sport, it stands to reason you won't be the biggest fan of the game.

Comment

I think it helps but is not necessary if the game is good. If you require a pre-existing fascination with the sport to make the game good it probably isn't, objectively speaking.

Comment

It depends. The gameplay mechanics of NHL 08 are very much like the real NHL. If you don't like the gameplay of the NHL, I'm not sure why you'd appreciate the game.

There is a demo, of course. I suggest you try that.

Comment

asleep: I read in some reviews it's much harder to score in 08 with one-timers. In old games all you had to do to score is skate one guy down on the wing, then pass back to the centre for the one-timer and it'd usually go in. They basically made the goalies (and d-men) a lot smarter this year.

I played a few games so far, and I've been able to score with some consistency is to take the puck behind the net in the offensive zone. With the strategies I had selected (I can't recall which), a CPU player positioned himself infront of the net and called for a pass, which he then one-timed into the net. Though after the first time you do this, the AI is now smart enough to watch for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          There is a demo, of course. I suggest you try that.
                          I wouldn't usually but I might given the plethora of awesome games I have to get through.

Comment

Working...
                          X