Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is you favorite non mainsteam game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is you favorite non mainsteam game?

What are your favorite computer games that you would recommend to others, which are not mainstream games?

By not mainstream I mean, not highly visible. Few people have heard of them, they may well be by indy developers and never have been sold in a box in a store.

Well, start suggesting!

My personal favorite? Dominions 3.

EVE, was sold in a box but not for very long.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Star Control 2 (now freeware as The Ur-Quan Masters) is pretty good.

Comment

Space Rangers 2 and Mount & Blade.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Outcast and Sacrifice
          "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
          —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Space Empires II, III, and IV from Malfador Machinations.

V is crap.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C5%8Dky%C5%ABsei
              :-p

Comment

=)

Its the First PC Game I ever had

(And you might want to change the Title from MainSteam to Mainstream)
                Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I used to love Pacific Theater of Operations II and Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV on the Saturn. Both were Koei.

For some reason Koei doesn't make any games for the pc market anymore.
                  "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                  —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Emperor of the Fading Suns -- Imagine Civ played across three dozen planets , spaceships vs. submarine battles & lots of other stuff!

Merchant Prince II -- an updated version of Machiavelli -- the updates can pretty much be turned off & Machiavelli is a pretty good game: bribe senators, assassinate the Pope; burn down your opponent's villa.

Comment

Originally posted by MosesPresley
                      Outcast and Sacrifice
                      Outcast is good. While it could have been better, I appreciate it for trying to create the sort of big world most games of that time would have been afraid to. It's also my favorite game soundtrack.

Comment

Dominions III
                        The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Gothic 1+2

Not really that obscure but they generate very little interest whenever they appear in a thread.

otherwise I'd say Blade of Destiny a not huge selling german RPG on the Amiga and PC.

Comment

dwarf fortress of course!
                            "

Comment

Oolite

Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                              And notifying the next of kin
                              Once again...

Comment

Working...
                              X