Navy Wargames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy Wargames

There are a lot of commanding an army games out there, and there are a lot of flight simulators out there, but I'm having trouble thinking of good games that focus primarily on naval warfare.

I'm sure there are some; I just don't know them. Can 'Poly experts suggest any titles?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Axis and Allies Pacific. Admittedly that is a fairly retarded boardgame but it came to mind. As for PC games, I think Silent Hunter games are supposed to be good, but I've never played them..

Comment

Axis and Allies is a terrible boardgame series, mostly because I'm not very good at rolling dice.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

They actually made is worse with one release, A&A Dday. That game involves even less skill than the others.

Comment

Oh, and to be clear, I'm asking for advice on PC games.

Comment

I thought one of Canada's pathetic subs sunk another US nuclear carrier in wargames again.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

*blink blink* why would I post that in Other Games and not Off Topic?

Comment

*blink blink*
                This isn't Off-Topic?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

*blink blink* has just gotten out of hand and I am so sick of it. Could either of you conceive of a more effeminate way to convey surprise? Short of a drawing of me pissing myself while taking it from behind, I cannot. It is beyond my belief that two men can post that while still maintaining they have balls. Cease and desist, be more creative, and less effete, or I will do it for both of you.

Comment

*blink blink*

Comment

I've played both Silent Hunter III and IV, and love both of them. They are WWII sub games; III is Kreigsmarine in the Atlantic while IV is the US boats in the Pacific. There's a game out called Dangerous Waters which covers many modern aspects, but I've never played it. You might be able to find a copy of Harpoon also, which was made into a computer game 5-10 years ago if I'm not mistaken, but no idea if it will run on a modern computer.
                      Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

The Harpoon series was fairly popular, I once played a demo of one of them.

Age of Sail covers a much earlier period.

I think there are some others as well - are you thinking more strategic commanding a fleet, or a sim commanding a ship, and what era?
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I'm looking for fleet commanding type of stuff, not driving one sub around. Era isn't a big concern to me, though.

Comment

There was a destroyer game, "Destroyer Command" iirc, that linked to Silent Hunter II where you could command a flotilla of US destroyers hunting U-boats in the Atlantic. Can't remember much about it as I didn't play SH2 for long.

Can't think of any fleet level naval games for the PC.
                            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Great Naval Battles series.

GNB1 and 4 are my favourites.

Comment

Working...
                              X