X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Wars-Eye of the North

Surprised we didn't have a thread yet.

Anyone still playing? Anyone get EotN?
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

I have it of course - it's just hard to get excited with new GW these days. Don't get me wrong, I still think it is one of the finest games ever made but with 3 installments (and 1000s of hours) already behind me I only played through once to see the new stuff.

It's perfectly playable if nothing special to old hands - and I don't like the new PvE skill grind system.

Comment

Ditto for me. Picked it up, its excellent, but more of the same. I have 3,000 hours on GW over the last 28 months, the novelty is kinda fading. Lack of new classes and elite skills give little replay value, but it is only an expansion.
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

The grind to unlock the new armor (s) isn't exactly winning me over either.

It is fun to be back in the Shiverpeaks, after East Asia and Africa is kind of nice to bring my Ranger "back home" for a while

I hope Jeff and company can recapture the magic of GWI in GWII.

The game is easy to play yet difficult to master, and you can play it easy or hard, depending upon your mood.

I still call the series a win, but ya after almost 2.5 years, the magic has worn off.

Remember during the first summer of release and there was 40, 50, 60 and even 70 districts in Ascalon City?
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Back to playing Guild Wars a bit.

Some new updates for the four year anniversity, and a few tidbits about GW2, well not really, but its nice to see ANet talking about GW 2 even if they aren't saying much:

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25 View Post
            Back to playing Guild Wars a bit.

Some new updates for the four year anniversity, and a few tidbits about GW2, well not really, but its nice to see ANet talking about GW 2 even if they aren't saying much:

http://www.massively.com/2009/04/27/...ina-buenaobra/

as my hand heals, Ihope to find some time, allways a blast!

(with you and LeRoy Jenkins!)
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Im working nights for the next two weeks Gramps, and playing a little during the day. If you are going to be one let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25 View Post
                Im working nights for the next two weeks Gramps, and playing a little during the day. If you are going to be one let me know.
                I will my friend
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Looking forward to GW2.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
                    Looking forward to GW2.
                    Ya

The only thing Im not quite happy with is writing the Dwarves out of the storyline, and not having playable Dwarves. Other than that Im looking forward to it.

Comment

I never liked the dwarves. They were taller than my monk!
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I like Ogden, he has a level 20 Polar Bear now on my account.

In just about every MMO Ive played or tried, Ive had at least one Dwarf. I really think its silly they pulled them from GW2 IMHO.

Comment

Who is Reena Thranos again?

I saw you logged in after I think a year or so

Are you playing again?

Comment

Bought GW when it came out, don't think I ever got past L5...

Here's hoping they introduce some magic in GW2, because GW1 was devoid of any kind.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              Bought GW when it came out, don't think I ever got past L5...

Here's hoping they introduce some magic in GW2, because GW1 was devoid of any kind.
                              You really have to be out of an MMO mindset to enjoy it.

I particularly like the only eight spells per instance play. At higher levels it takes a fair amount of strategy to come up with a good build for PvP and PvE.

At level 5 you barely scratched the surface of the game.

But to each his own, there must be some reason why Ill go for 6 months without playing, pick it up again, and realize how much I missed playing it.

And all 3 chapters and the one expansion still cost less than purchasing LOTRO/ Expansion/ Lifetime subscription. By about 70 to 80 bucks.

So Ive gotten my money out of the game over the years.

Comment

Working...
                              X