Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stardock's as yet unannounced fantasy game

Just got this little tidbit in my e-mail from Stardock today:

The unannounced fantasy game. Stardock is working on a fantasy strategy game that could be described as a bit of Master of Magic (okay, a lot of Master of Magic), XCom for the tactical battles, and Populous for the scope of your spells. Release Date 2009.
    Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

2009?

*sigh*
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Let's announce a new game by comparing it to three classics without giving any actual information about the game itself!
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
        Let's announce a new game by comparing it to three classics without giving any actual information about the game itself!
        It's called suspense
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

No, it's called hype.

Suspense would be "we're releasing a nw game but we're not telling you anything about it"

Where as this is "we're releasing a new game, and we're not telling you anything about it, but we're going to compare it to three highly popular classics that people want to see remakes of"

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Wow, who knew someone would claim they're making a TB game? I thought those were dead.

I'm interested.
            I never know their names, But i smile just the same
            New faces...Strange places,
            Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
            -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

I've always wondered why no one made a successor to Master of Magic...I'll be watching this with interest.

Comment

No, it's called hype.

Suspense would be "we're releasing a nw game but we're not telling you anything about it"

Where as this is "we're releasing a new game, and we're not telling you anything about it, but we're going to compare it to three highly popular classics that people want to see remakes of"
                Well okay, if you're gonna be anal about it

But at least they are making a game that can be compared to MoM (as Brad Wardell has been hinting that they might do for at least 7 years now) and it my book that counts for something.

Hype or not, Brad was himself a fan of MoM, so I doubt he will screw it up too much

Asmodean

Comment

I used to get into all the hype and pre-release crap that goes on for games. Now I tend to ignore stuff with a release date more than a few weeks out. This has lead to playing more games instead of just waiting for new ones.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean

Well okay, if you're gonna be anal about it

But at least they are making a game that can be compared to MoM (as Brad Wardell has been hinting that they might do for at least 7 years now) and it my book that counts for something.

How do you know that they're making a game that can be compared to MoM? They haven't told you anythign about it.

Besides, if you ask me, a combination between Mom, X-Com, and Popoluous would be retarded. Why did they even mention populous for the "spell selection"? It's such sad name droping.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

How do you know that they're making a game that can be compared to MoM? They haven't told you anythign about it.
                      As I have said, Brad Wardell has stated for numerous years now, that he would like to redo MoM. I know him to be a trustworthy developer, so I will have faith in that statement until I see the game for myself.

I have known Brad for close to 7 years now, and he hasn't let me down yet

Asmodean

Comment

Known as in 'read about him online'?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                          Known as in 'read about him online'?
                          Well known as in interacted with him online a lot, back when Stardock was much smaller, and he actually had time to interact person-to-person with customers

That was then, and "fans" of Stardock no longer get that kind of personal treatment by Brad himself, but it just goes to show to what length and indie developer will go to satisfy their fan base.

They still (IMO) hold the world no. 1 position in customer relations though

Asmodean

Comment

Oh, I found this which was posted in May, 2007:

The team is working on a fantasy strategy game. The game engine for it is amazing. Beyond anything that's been done before for this type of game. We're talking about a world in which you can zoom in and see individuals walking around in the woods but also be zoomed out to see the entire world in one smooth motion. It's a live world. But it's still 2 years ago. So don't get excited yet. I'll be 37 years old then.
                            Asmodean

Comment

It's AMAZING!

I'm sold now!

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X