Help ari identify a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ari identify a game

I'm thinking of a game, but I have no idea what its name is, and I can only remember a couple of bits about it. Let's see if Apolyton can help me here. It's an adventure game, not a very long one, for Windows, with somewhat cartoony graphics, taking place in what I think is a dream.

My episodic memory sucks, so I have no idea how long it's been since I played this game, but I'd say it's at least five years. Maybe more.

I don't remember many places or events from the game itself, and I might be making some of this stuff up. What I can remember, though...

- a man with his arms crossed and an "attitude problem"
    - a pier with a number (I can't recall anything actually happening here but, well, it's a pier)
    - a room with bright sunlight coming in, where the lighted area on the floor turns into a door when you hold a cross in it

So, um, any ideas?
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

OK, that's incredibly vague.

Cartoony looks, adventure game, and pier put me in the mind of Monkey Island 4, but I don't remember that particular puzzle - however it's been awhile since I played it. I know it's not a dream though.

You might try going to GameFAQS, checking out adventure games for PC and seeing if you can sort by date - anything looks familiar and you can do an Edit->Find in a walkthrough for the door puzzle.
    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
    New faces...Strange places,
    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

... thanks! I didn't expect to find the game in this rather long list, but I got lucky: It's Dare to Dream by Epic MegaGames (only volume one of three, though, though). It's older than I remembered, but I'm certain it's the right game...
      Last edited by Ari Rahikkala; July 16, 2007, 21:21.
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Wow. Interesting Game, glad you found it.

"Also, he's very arrogant and this attitude will get him in trouble when he confronts a little kid with a sawed-off shotgun."
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
        X