Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you enjoy talking about games (forums) as much as playing them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you enjoy talking about games (forums) as much as playing them?

Sometimes I find myself reading/posting about games as much as I play them. Sometimes I read more about them than I actually play.

This applies to other interests as well. I frequent artists forums too and I find discussing things and reading posts taking up as much time as I paint etc..

Well? Do you forum lurk/post as much as you play? Or do you just play and pop into forums very occasionally?
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

sometimes. I certainly did that with Civ . That's why I'm here after all. my time on these forums may even surpass my time playing, but that includes off topic...

I do this with movies, I post over at imdb. If I see a movie, I instantly want to talk about it. But things are pretty spread out over there. You may have to wait days for a response .

Some games such as Wow I did more playing than talking. I never registered on the official boards, and only have a few posts over at Allkazam (or however it's spelled) as screen name Thrashering.

Games such as smac, and civ, I've done quite a bit of posting. Rpg's such as NWN and BG I have not.

Comment

I'd say that talking about games is way more interesting than playing them. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that.

Comment

Talking about games
        Playing games
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Talking about games
          Playing games

Comment

I haven't played a game in months. I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, I have outgrown games. I even sold my Xbox.

But, as you can see, I still talk about them. Old habits die hard, I guess...
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by CygnusZ
              I'd say that talking about games is way more interesting than playing them. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that.
              for many games. ther are, of course, exceptions.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                I haven't played a game in months. I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, I have outgrown games. I even sold my Xbox.

But, as you can see, I still talk about them. Old habits die hard, I guess...
                Perhaps you like talking TO gamers, because whatever personality traits made you a gamer at least for a while, you still retain, and enjoy interacting with others who share your personality type (or complement it).
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Gaming is more fun, yet this needles away at more of my time, though technically I do both because of Stories and Diplomacy, where posting is playing.
                  Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                  Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

I really enjoy talking about games on forums. I guess not as much as playing generally, but when I am tired I often prefer reading to playing.

Comment

Depends on the game. I enjoy talking about a game like Civ that offers many ways of playing it; I feel like I can get different ways of experiencing the game out of other's accounts and thoughts.

A game like, say, Resident Evil 4, not so much. For RE4 you could talk about, what, gun selection? For some games there's ultimately not much fun to be had if you aren't actually playing it.

Comment

A good point. It's mainly RPG and TBS I read about, with some FPS and RTS forums, but for MP only.

Comment

Working...
                        X