The world really IS ending - Next Civ for consoles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZargonX
    You better let the videogame blogs know, because that's what they reported on it as
    Where? Haven't read that anywhere myself.

Comment

Could anyone care to tell me why I would want to buy a empire building game where all the empire building is taken away?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Jon, I approve of the games graphics.

The game looks like a lot of fun, nothing too serious, I'm guessing this is the thing Sid Meier was talking about when he said he wanted to create this kind of Civ for a long time.
        be free

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
          Could anyone care to tell me why I would want to buy a empire building game where all the empire building is taken away?
          Nikolai, empire building is unchristian
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
            Jon, I approve of the games graphics.

The game looks like a lot of fun, nothing too serious, I'm guessing this is the thing Sid Meier was talking about when he said he wanted to create this kind of Civ for a long time.
            Thanks, I'll pass the sentiments on to the team. 'Fraid that I won't be on this project at all.

Comment

You should take more vacations, Jon... you post more during them
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

no worrying over the placement of specific improvements around your cities
                Could be a good thing. There are times when I prefer for MOO2-style simplicity of buildings.

Ultimately, though, I'm still trying to figure out how a TBS will work with analog sticks. It just sounds like such a pain. I see there's gonna be Wii and DS versions, those I could have more hope for...

Comment

The advisors from Civ 2 are finally back as well, so you'll get some animated interactions with the various ministers in your cabinet. In some cases, they'll even push each other (and other leaders) out of the way to get their point across. Watching the military advisor push little Napoleon over is quite hilarious. The advisors will even point to specific areas of the map when they have comments to make about threats or opportunities you're facing.

Comment

Maybe you'll get to use the light gun

Screenshots/concept art up btw:

edit: Fixed mistype
                    Last edited by snoopy369; July 18, 2007, 21:02.

Comment

A video of the stage is up at Gamespot - http://www.gamespot.com/video/941685...ion-stage-demo

It looks more like Civ, Jr. than anything.
                      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                      New faces...Strange places,
                      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

If you don't know anything about civ, then it might be fun. But to me the gameplay in the video is simply way too kiddiefun... :/
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Why are there still videos that need to buffer online? I thought YouTube set a new trend?
                          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Testing...

Well, in theory it works

Silly thing is way too long and gets br 's thrown in. Bah.

Thanks for the tip, tossed it up into the news.
                            Last edited by snoopy369; July 17, 2007, 00:04.

Comment

That's what I thought Bkeela. You'd think Gamespot would know better.

Oh well
                              be free

Comment

I was reading you will be able to complete a whole game in about 3-4 hours.
                                I thought this was one of the issues people had with RoN?

As long as a pc only CIV keeps getting made I will stay happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X