• Show
Clear All

In-Game Graphics

be free

Comment

"Lead your team of crack spearmen from victory to victory..."

Ye gods
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        I can see it working on the Wii, and especially the DS (portable Civ ) but I refuse to even try it on a gamepad.
        Agreed.

Given that it's not being limited to the pseudomouse systems, though, I'm guessing this will be a bit of a disaster.

Comment

While I hate consoles with a passion, (they are anti-freedom, anti-expression, anti-progress); Sid Meier has made a business decision to go with consoles, and I would not be surprised if his son / children inspired him to do a console game. Sid Meier is not your typical fan-relations kind of guy, he's a self-centered historian that likes to make games - and makes them good. So regardless of the unlimited proof that PC's are better than consoles and the Civ fanbase prefer PC's, he can - with no regret - build a Civ for a console.

This Civilization Revolutions is not Civ5, and it is not a Civ4 addon, it is an entirely new Civilization game especially tailor made for consoles, and I believe the decision to build it for the console was more business related than anything else. Games made for consoles are raking in money - if they are good, there is less worry for piracy and a lot of those who do play games on consoles, don't read reviews or download demo's or have friends who can make an intelligent review on a game, thus, it is easier to sell a console game than a PC game.

And while this vision of his is not the same vision I have for a new Civ, I do like the graphics, they look fun to play with.

Also, anything that can be played on a console can be played on a PC - tech wise the PC kicks consoles arse in circles, it's just a matter of porting it, so I can only hope that CivRev comes for the PC so I can 1. Buy it, and 2. Play it.

There, that's my opinion on the whole matter.
          be free

Comment

This Civilization Revolutions is not Civ5, and it is not a Civ4 addon, it is an entirely new Civilization game especially tailor made for consoles, and I believe the decision to build it for the console was more business related than anything else.
            No kidding.

Sid Meier is not your typical fan-relations kind of guy, he's a self-centered historian that likes to make games - and makes them good. So regardless of the unlimited proof that PC's are better than consoles and the Civ fanbase prefer PC's, he can - with no regret - build a Civ for a console.
            He's a "Creative Director" who does nothing and makes a lot of money when people put his name on their game boxes. He did not design Civ 3 or Civ 4. Or any game Firaxis makes. Soren had more input on both games than he did, by about ten thousand percent.

Also, anything that can be played on a console can be played on a PC - tech wise the PC kicks consoles arse in circles, it's just a matter of porting it,
            Try running the port of Rainbow 6: Vegas (xbox 360 or ps3) on a modern day PC. Most people don't even have Pixel Shader 3 and can't even open the damn program. And it's not a bad port job. To make it look like it does on the 360, you need serious hardware.

No kidding.

Comment

FFS Wiglaf, you really know how to talk out your arse, pity there's no way to make money out of that skill.

As for your first no kidding, there are people who are not sure what this Civ is.

Your 2nd comment is just plain wrong and you're exaggerating.

I don't have proof, but I have a super strong feeling your 3rd comment is also wrong.
              be free

Comment

His third comment has an element of truth. Console games have (or manage to convince us they have, which is the same thing) far superior graphics relative to the hardware than PC's.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                  While I hate consoles with a passion, (they are anti-freedom, anti-expression, anti-progress);
                  You can say some pretty stupid things sometimes.

Comment

While I hate consoles with a passion, (they are anti-freedom, anti-expression, anti-progress);
                    Have you looked at XBLA or read the recent news of Wii-Ware?

So regardless of the unlimited proof that PC's are better than consoles
                    better at what? Not at local living room multiplayer. Not at pushing out bugless products (though the 360 and ps3 are trying to give away that advantage)

Games made for consoles are raking in money - if they are good, there is less worry for piracy
                    no-piracy is pretty prevalent with the 360 and especially the psp. Its actually really killing psp software sales right now, and the 360 just had a mass of bannings on live due to piracy.

and a lot of those who do play games on consoles, don't read reviews or download demo's
                    Demos? I'd bet that more demos are released for games on the 360 than for pc games. I can't actually remember the last time I downloaded a pc demo.

or have friends who can make an intelligent review on a game, thus, it is easier to sell a console game than a PC game.
                    ??? My online friends are so much more intelligent than my real life friends about these things.

Not an opinion grounded in reason or with a good factual basis-at least for July 2007. Maybe July 2000, your opinions would be closer to reality.

Comment

Whatever, I said my piece and i'm going with it.
                      be free

Comment

Ignorance is bliss, eh?

Comment

FFS Wiglaf, you really know how to talk out your arse, pity there's no way to make money out of that skill.
                          Well at least he's consistent.

In the last few weeks you seem to have made a lot of pretty questionable statements, and I don't remember you doing that before.

Is this your new forum persona or were you previously just much better at hiding your somewhat odd views?

Comment

Whatever, I said my piece and i'm going with it.
                            Don't be such a *****
                            Last edited by Nostromo; July 1, 2007, 13:29.
                            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

There's no way I am going down the hole of the i'm right, you're wrong discussion

DrSpike, can you elaborate?
                              be free

Comment

I think he is suggesting you're being a bit spicier than usual lately... claiming to espouse rather, erm, extreme views on various subjects.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X