Warsow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warsow

I discovered this Quake 2 mod recently. Luckily it's standalone and installed in a jiffy! (It's only a 70 MB download or so).
    Despite being a q2 mod, it looks smooth (minimalistic colours, with a sort of cell-shaded gfx approach as it's called?)

It's not really groundbreaking, but I prefer it over Q3 (it shares a lot of resemblance with that game in terms of weapons and fast movement), but it's easier to play and it has some fun additions like wall dodging, stronger/weaker ammo and simply the possibility of making some oldschool sweet kills

And most important of all it doesn't take ages and ages of playing to be able to make some nice kills / movement (as is the case in Q3). Ideal for a quick 15 minutes of quick fragging!

Set in a futuristic cartoonish world, Warsow is a completely free fast-paced first-person shooter (FPS) for Windows, Linux and macOS.

looks something like this:

"An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

If you are digging out old FPS games just play Q3 - it's superior in every way and still has a good playerbase after the best part of decade.

Comment

q3 gets really boring after a while...
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

The last FPS I played was Doom 2. After it I decided, that I don't like them (tho I liked Doom 1 quite a lot in its time).

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs
          q3 gets really boring after a while...
          That depends on the player - it's not at all noob friendly (and these days there are lots of FPS games that are) but for the serious FPS player in many ways it is still unparalleled, despite being pretty ancient now.

Comment

Working...
          X