X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivCity help asked for :)

Hey guys,

Been there for a while and lurked the forums,

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum or if it has been answered already, no time to check as Im rushing to see the french rugby cup final

Ive got a problem in CivCity,

In of the early mission you;re supposed to sell wine and stone to Rome, but it seems apparently my wine trader is blocked.

I have wine in my wineries, none in my warehouses (tho they are reachable by the wineries and not full - theres not even wine icons in them...) but the traders wont pick them up.

Loosk like I figured it out while typing. Granaries. Romans store wines in friggin granaries >.<

Will check that when Im back,

Cheers !

PS. Who should I bug in the admins to have my screen name change into Pandemonis ?
    "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

You did indeed figure out the problem It took me a while to figure that same thing out.

I'll send Ming a PM for you on the name change.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Actually, the proper procedure would be for you to submit a PM yourself to make it an official request Ming, rah, Locutus, DanQ, MarkG and yours truly handle these requests.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thank you !

Comment

If memory doesn't fail me you need to get a trading post type thingbob and you need to have it pull in wine (sorry can't remember how, it might be as simple as setting it to sell wine) which it'll then sell to the traders.

Comment

Yes, done that. The problem is the trading post cannot get from the winery, but only from the storage point.

What I didnt know is the storage point is the granary, not the warehouse. Stupid romans, storing wine in granaries.

Comment

Is this game any good?

Comment

Only if you can't get enough city builders. I wouldn't recommend it to someone outside the genre.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                  Is this game any good?
                  It's better than Caesar IV, but it's not a game I would recommend

The most fun in the game is the fact that what job they have has nothing to do with where they live, you can have a street cleaner who lives in the best house in town
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

So what's the best city building game?
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                      So what's the best city building game?
                      I stand with Emperor of the Middle Kingdom, but I havent tried Caesar IV. It;s about time someone comes up with something new in the genre, tho.

At least CivCity does have a feeling of novelty, but so far, I feel too much micro-managing.

And adagio's right, your city cleaner can live in a super house. Though in my games its usually the first ever public well worker who's the richest and the most successful. My Grammaticus teachers tend to live in simple shacks tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X