HW2: Battlestar Galactica Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HW2: Battlestar Galactica Mod

Found this while browsing, fully intend to try it out when I get home from work today. Who wouldn't after looking at that trailer

http://mods.moddb.com/6951/battlestar-galactica/

I don't know how to insert videos, the trailor is on that site.

The HW2 engine is so powerful it is a shame more wasn't done with it. It pisses me off everytime I think about what a waste Sierra made of that franchise.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Well, Sierra handled the release of Outpost years ago like a teenage girl with a coat-hanger on Prom Night, then made Outpost 2 which had nothing to do with the original, so my only surprise is that HW2 was as good as it was. Count your blessings, it could have been much worse...
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I gave it a try a month or two ago. Back then there was no AI to speak of, no actual missions, and the models were only half-finished, but as long as the project doesn't wither away like a vast majority of them do, it could turn out great.

And it's only appropriate since the original Homeworld may have started out as an oBSG licence game, at least on the concept level.

Just think about the storyline: a tribe that has left their old home planet travels to a distant world, which they inhabit until an alien force arrives and destroys it. The space-faring remnant of the entire species sets out chasing an ancient myth of their homeworld, struggling for survival as they are hunted by the aliens who have all but wiped them out.

Obviously it's not BSG exactly, but they had to do some changes. It could be a coincidence and I haven't heard anything tangible to prove that the game was originally a BSG game, but it's not at all unlikely.

I'm still hopeful that some day we'll see someone put two and two together and make a brilliant space strat game and/or a flight sim out of BSG, but until then we'll have to resort to fan-made projects. Unfortunately, Babylon 5 had the same kind of awesome potential, but all we got was a fan-made space sim.

On that note, Beyond The Red Line, a fan-made space sim that puts you in the cockpit of a Viper, is in the works as well.
      Last edited by Kassiopeia; June 9, 2007, 13:46.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
      X