No announcement yet.

SimCity... the end is near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone went too far towards "super-happy-fun" on the whogivesa**** slider.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• something tells me this game might be really fun to play while on hallucinogenic drugs.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
        something tells me this game might be really fun to play while on hallucinogenic drugs.
        Something tells me playing this game makes me feel like I'm on hallucinogenic drugs
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• They're taking Simcity and ****ting on it.

I hate them, whoever they are.
          be free

Comment

• Who cares. Simcity hasn't been good for a while anyway.

Comment

• I just watched that video, and I have never felt a stonger urge to murder in my life.

Candy cane and lolley pop buildings if your people are happy?

My sims have to work in chocolate factories to be happy?

Zombies at night because a neighborhood is old?

****ING ZOMBIES!?!?!?!

And those two asshats sitting there are so smug and self contratulatory, having no idea what they are laying waste to.
              Last edited by Patroklos; June 25, 2007, 13:58.
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Zombies

Zombies in SimCity
                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• After seeing 1up's video Adagio posted the other day, this game should have been named "City Tycoon" to go along with the umpteen million other tycoon games that came before it, not bear the name of one of the cornerstones of computer gaming.
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Just found this:

Looks nice, but there's not much info about the game itself. There's a videos section on that page, but it just contains 6 images

Comment

• That game looks good, I want it.

Right now is the best time to release a City Building game.
                      be free

Comment

• Exactly, but why don't they use all the negativity about SC:S to their advantage? If they expect to sell the game to SimCity fans, they need to start talking about their game. Just send some information to SimTropolis and people will quickly start talking about the game. That would be the best, fastest and cheapest way to get people to know the game

Comment

• I have seen every game I liked in versions 1 and 2 turn into crap in versions 3 and following. In general, the developers took out the parts I liked the best and emphasized the parts I liked least.

I loved both SC and SC2k. I gave up on SC3k so long ago I can't really remember what it was I hated. Iirc they zoomed in instead of expanding the scope and keeping the economies and citizens abstract. I never even gave SC4 a try.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Well, I really haven't played SimCity since SC2000, which, unfortunately, doesn't seem to run on Intel Macs.

I played SimCity 3000 on a computer we had, but never really got into it, maybe because of the added complexity of things (like waste disposal and such), and maybe because it didn't have the FUND+FUND+Noncheat Bond=$1.5 million cheat that the Mac SC2000 had.

Though I can sympathize with Straybow on the 1,2 and then 3 thing. I've got a copy of Civ 3, but don't play it, primarily because of the complexity of making scenarios; with Civ 2 (any version), all you needed to make a scen was a paint program and a word processor; with Civ 3 you need a CGI rendering tool; Civ 4 probably requires more. (Like a specific modeling program and such.)

Don't know if I'll buy it. Besides, when it comes out my new 2.16 gHz iMac will probably be obsolote. :roll:
                            The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
                            2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

• SC4 is decent, I was impressed with the terrain generation and overall graphics engine.

As for the actual game, I am not sure, it didn't seem that deep to me.
                              be free

Comment

• SC4 is only good because of mods, they made it highly moddable which let the fan community fix the many, many, many bugs and deficiencies.

To enjoy SC4, mods and at a minimum the NetworkAddonMod, are essential.

Comment

Working...
                                X