The disaster that was Dark and Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The disaster that was Dark and Light

Yesterday, I was reading up on different MMO's. I happened to notice that Dark and Light is now totally free!!

Meaning you can download the game client, set up a new account and just start playing...all for free.

Of course, the game isn't actually worth anything, as it is filled with bugs and generally unplayable, but it's free

That's the first time I have heard of a pay and play MMo that has suffered so many problems that they actually started giving it + game time away for free

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Its free I heard
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Anarchy Online did it for all the early content.

But D&L is still 'under development' right? So this is like the approach taken by Roma Victor.

Comment

Well I guess it's something that they are still trying to patch the game, and develop it further. Remains to be seen though, whether they will ever get to a satisfiably playable version, and if so, if they will then be able to attract subscribers after the mess the game has been since launch.

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I would require to be paid good money to play an online game.
          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

The people who found a duplicate bug in Everquest got paid quite well by selling valuable items to other players for real money. I wouldn't really call what they did "playing" the game, but they did do that as their full-time job for quite a while.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
            X