No announcement yet.

Ufo: Extraterrestrials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointingly boxed copies are only available in North America. European customers have to use gamers gate and digital download. The Matrix forums are fairly negative about this service. Anybody used it?

The other option is Amazon.com who now sell to the UK and while the game itself is reasonable the postage is another $30 or so.

Comment

I've used GG, and I am very pleased by the service.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

might be a silly question but....do you use the same patches or they another varient in the same way as regional patches?

Is there a delay in them being available?

Comment

No, they come when the CD version come(at least with Paradox's own games, I haven't bought a non-Paradox game on GG yet). You get the patch trough the GG Downloader program. And the fine thing with GG is that when you've bought a game, you can DL and install ir as much as you want on as many computer as you own with no restictions. There's no copy protection either. As long as you remember your account login info you are okay. And if you have trouble, you get help fast too I think. I say think because I haven't had any need for that so far, but from what I can see the support quality is the usual Paradox quality.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Stardock is good about that too

Comment

Sorry Spikie, I'm afraid I can't talk about my position.

I'll have to give this game a try, based on Apoc's recommendations. I quite enjoyed his namesakes version, so perhaps our tastes are similar.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

While you are waiting for the download, I would suggest checking out the mod thread on Something Awful. They have suggestions that fix issues some fans of the previous games have to make them more similar.

I kinda like the no death aspect of the game. It makes it more like Jagged Alliance, where you really don't want your characters to even get wounded. This is something you can change pretty easily in the game files though.
                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                X