The "Vanguard Sucks" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Vanguard Sucks" Thread

SOE is in discussions with Sigil regarding the future of Vanguard and Sigil Games in Carlsbad. Talks are going well and first and foremost, our primary concern right now is what's best for Vanguard and its community. We want to ensure that this game and its community have a healthy future. The specifics that we work out over the coming days will all be with that single goal in mind."

What does that mean? It means that right now Vanguard is doing decently but not as well as we hoped. If you haven't read my last long post that outlined some of the things that went wrong during development, etc., please do. So the bottom line is that SOE is going to be getting more involved with Sigil and Vanguard - our relationship is going to become even tighter - much tighter. At this point I can't say much more than that.

Does this mean an acquisition? I can't say at this point.

Does this mean more or less people at Sigil? I can't say at this point.

Does this mean management changes at Sigil? I can't say at this point.

Hahahahahahah! What a gong show...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Schadenfreude is not becoming. This thread needs to be toasted.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
      Then why did you give it further attention by replying to it
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I played it for a month.

This isn't misfortune or anything, the thing was screwed from the start. They were unbelievably cocky, and made an unbelievably bad game. They deserve mocking and ridicule, just like John Romero did...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

0.1/10
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The thread shouldn't be toasted - the new developments are kinda funny.

Comment

I disagree. Schadenfreude practically defines Asher.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

0.1/10
                You don't think there's any ramifications of SOE effectively taking control of the game? Do you understand the history of the game?

Do you understand why Sigil left MS as a publisher to begin with? They felt that MS had too much control. So they went to SOE, who promptly forced them to use SOE servers, release the game way before it was finished, and ultimately hijack the project from the ground up.

This isn't so much a troll as it is a thread for commentary on just how screwed up this hyped "savior of MMORPGs" has turned out.

If you are not bright enough to understand the context and intent, then why bother posting in it -- particularly posts like this which show how much you've missed the point.

Comment

With SOE in control, I am sure they will want to make some "improvements", maybe a "Combat Upgrade", or even a "New Gaming Experience". Yeah, that sounds good, don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by John-SJ
                    With SOE in control, I am sure they will want to make some "improvements", maybe a "Combat Upgrade", or even a "New Gaming Experience". Yeah, that sounds good, don't you think?

Yep glad I baled on this one.
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

You don't think there's any ramifications of SOE effectively taking control of the game? Do you understand the history of the game?

Do you understand why Sigil left MS as a publisher to begin with? They felt that MS had too much control. So they went to SOE, who promptly forced them to use SOE servers, release the game way before it was finished, and ultimately hijack the project from the ground up.

This isn't so much a troll as it is a thread for commentary on just how screwed up this hyped "savior of MMORPGs" has turned out.

If you are not bright enough to understand the context and intent, then why bother posting in it -- particularly posts like this which show how much you've missed the point.
                      Yeah, sorry. I tend to be a bit hasty on my ratings.

0.01/10
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Where is Ralph?

Comment

While I certainly open most of the threads - sometimes for the amusement factor - I hold certain standards for threads I post in.

Unlike you, obviously.

Comment

Nothing substandard about the info presented here that I can see. That claim would seem to be your way of dodging making a proper response.

Comment

I need to be addressed to feel the need to respond. Why would I bite to every troll from Asshat or you?

But if you insist, here is my statement. I'm currently not playing Vanguard, and the turn it takes is greatly diminishing the chance that I will ever pick it up again. That is all I'm going to comment on this issue.

And not the info itself is substandard (it's rather interesting), but the way it is presented here.

Comment

Working...
                              X