Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC gaming not domed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    PC gaming will continue on because the price differential between a PC and a console has shrunk considerably.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by DrSpike


      That last sentence doesn't make sense, but even so it doesn't look like it refers to what I was arguing.
      .
      I know it was worded poorly, I will try again.

      Question 1:Will Spore sell well enough to impact overall sales?
      Fact 1 : B&W did not do so, despite the fact that, much like Spore, it was a visionary attempt by a major designer.
      Question 2 : Was Molyneux not merely visionary, but successful in making big selling products as Wright has been?
      Fact 2 : Molyneuxs early games (which, BTW, were important to the game industry development in terms of their concepts) did sell pretty well, given the size of the industry at the time.
      Response: But that was a different marketplace. Ergo, despite that relative success, as far as question 2 is concerned, the answer is no. His sales record, is UNLIKE Wrights, in that he has not had big hits in the current market, which would be much bigger absolute sales than way back when.
      Ergo, Fact 1 is not relevant to answering question 1.
      Ergo, the answer to question 1 is still undetermined.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for. Martin Buber

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Sandman
        PC gaming will continue on because the price differential between a PC and a console has shrunk considerably.
        Yeah, I think its very interesting how as console prices have gone up this generation, PC prices continue to decline. However my only experience is with budget PCs that dont play the very latest games, and so is not relevant.

        However, I wonder if this change explains the factoid (the bump in PC games sales in the first two months of 2007, and apparently, also a gain in PC game sales for year 2006)
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for. Martin Buber

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by lord of the mark
          Yeah, I think its very interesting how as console prices have gone up this generation, PC prices continue to decline. However my only experience is with budget PCs that dont play the very latest games, and so is not relevant.

          However, I wonder if this change explains the factoid (the bump in PC games sales in the first two months of 2007, and apparently, also a gain in PC game sales for year 2006)
          I'd say your experience is typical. The two biggest PC franchises, WoW and the Sims, are not known for their brutal graphics requirements.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by lord of the mark


            I know it was worded poorly, I will try again.

            Question 1:Will Spore sell well enough to impact overall sales?
            Fact 1 : B&W did not do so, despite the fact that, much like Spore, it was a visionary attempt by a major designer.
            Question 2 : Was Molyneux not merely visionary, but successful in making big selling products as Wright has been?
            Fact 2 : Molyneuxs early games (which, BTW, were important to the game industry development in terms of their concepts) did sell pretty well, given the size of the industry at the time.
            Response: But that was a different marketplace. Ergo, despite that relative success, as far as question 2 is concerned, the answer is no. His sales record, is UNLIKE Wrights, in that he has not had big hits in the current market, which would be much bigger absolute sales than way back when.
            Ergo, Fact 1 is not relevant to answering question 1.
            Ergo, the answer to question 1 is still undetermined.
            But I don't care about question 1 and answered a different question you posed. Question 1 is like asking whether being stabbed to death is better than being poisoned.

            Comment

            Working...
            X