DDR for the PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR for the PC?

POTM says it exists, and she wants it. I thought it was console only. Anyone familiar with a PC version? (yup, we could always go out and buy say a used PS2 cheap, I suppose, but POTM isnt asking for that, and Im not inclined to do it)
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

There are PC clones
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

My freind downloaded a free Linux version and bought a knock off pad. It isn't as good as the official ones (the songs are even worse!), but it was very cheap.

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Could someone not as ignorant as me, tell me what DDR stands for?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Double Data Rate
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
            Could someone not as ignorant as me, tell me what DDR stands for?
            well to me its the Deutsche Democratische Republik (sp?) or, in English, the GDR. As opposed to the FRG.

But to the young folks, its Dance Dance Revolution.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Yes, I know that it stand for the DDR too, I'm not that young, quite on the contrary I am one of those last to have a faint memory of it, or rather the aftermath. And of course since I am a history buff. Anyway, I somehow guessed it had something to do with games since it was posted here.

Anyhow, Dance Dance Revolution, is that the name for that silly dance game to PS2?
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

most DDR pads (at least the good ones) come with ps2/xbox/usb port.
                so im guessing there are some out there...

my DDR skills and drunkness are directly porportional, until it hits that special point where i just crash.... :-p
                :-p

Comment

You can get a PS2 or an Xbox pretty cheaply LotM and that would be the best choice.

Actually you should consider it because it would also be a cheap way to allow you access to technically superior games the equivalent of which your underpowered PC could not handle.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                    You can get a PS2 or an Xbox pretty cheaply LotM and that would be the best choice.

Actually you should consider it because it would also be a cheap way to allow you access to technically superior games the equivalent of which your underpowered PC could not handle.
                    1, Yeah I figure thats the easy way to get it, and that last gen consoles are pretty cheap

2, But I hardly need more games to play

Comment

But more choice never hurts.

Comment

But more choice never hurts.
                        So are you mainly thinking console exclusives, or games that have PC versions that my rig wont run?

If the latter, Im not sure there are many that Id be interested in. They seem to be mainly shooters - which I have yet to dabble in, and intend to start with some old game to get the feel for - you suggested HL, IIRC.

RPGs? My best rig wont play Oblivion, but then PS2 wont either, would it? Most of the RPGs I see for PS2, if Im reading Mobygames right, is console type RPGs Im not too interested in.

So what would this open up?

Comment

Not sure - would your PC run my favourite RPG, Knights of the Old Republic? It combines a model under the hood similar to that used for NWN (and not that dissimilar to BG), but is beatifully presented with fun combat and a cracking story.

But yeah I was mainly thinking of console exclusives. There are a whole bunch of genres that don't sell well or are inappropriate on the PC, such as fighting games, sports games, console RPGs & driving games. Oh yeah, and DDR/Guitar hero etc.

Comment

Not sure - would your PC run my favourite RPG, Knights of the Old Republic? It combines a model under the hood similar to that used for NWN (and not that dissimilar to BG), but is beatifully presented with fun combat and a cracking story.

But yeah I was mainly thinking of console exclusives. There are a whole bunch of genres that don't sell well or are inappropriate on the PC, such as fighting games, sports games, console RPGs & driving games. Oh yeah, and DDR/Guitar hero etc.
                            Im sure it would run KOTOR1, and checking the specs on Moby, looks like it should run KOTOR2.

Not interested in fighting games, or driving games.
                            Sports games are available for the PC, IIUC, though the console seems to be the better platform. Though Im not sure any given sports title will be much better on PS2 than on my rig.

Console RPGs? Meh, based on what Ive heard about them.

Which leaves DDR

Comment

Stop wriggling and do what you are told.

And buy KotoR already.

Comment

Working...
                              X