Gaming at TJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming at TJ

I was among many parents who chaperoned the Frosh lockin at TJ Friday night (thankfully I got the early shift).

I was assigned to the board game room, where there was a really intense game of Monopoly, as well as chess, Uno, Connect Four, and even game of Magic the Gathering, the first Id ever witnessed. (and yeah, I know the last three arent really board games - whatever).

It would have generated more qs for this forum had I been assigned to the PC-LAN room, or the console room, but such was not to be. There was also a DDR room that was quite busy.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Sounds like a fun night!

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

We used to have a 40k club, but a lot of them graduated my freshman year and it kind of fell apart.

Comment

I had a gaming club in undergrad. Fun times. In graduate shcool, I didn't have the time (didn't take the time) to join the gaming club.

I did play some games with my physics freinds though.

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

What is a TJ?
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
            What is a TJ?
            Thomas Jefferson High School of Science and Technology, aka "the Stuyvesant of the South"
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Northern Virginia is not part of the South

And by all rights Stuy should be the TJ of the North

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                Northern Virginia is not part of the South

From the standpoint of lower Manhattan it is

And by all rights Stuy should be the TJ of the North

No, that's Bronx Science

Comment

PC LAN and Console rooms.

Comment

What dont you like about them?

I think for kids they are bad, but I had a group of college buddies who would play LAN 2-3 times a month. was a blast, in a very juvenile way i guess, but whatever. there was probably something wrong showing up at a LAN gaming center sorta buzzed, with all the kids there, but it was funny in a kinda nerdy sorta way.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                      What dont you like about them?
                      I think you misread the smiley.

Comment

Working...
                      X