little easy on killing the gate keeper

Much more entertaining with the dialoges, new creatures and weapons

and from the looks of it some old morrowind landscape

which door are you?
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Much more entertaining with the dialoges
    What do you mean ?

The expansion looks interesting, but I still haven't finished Oblivion. So it'll have to wait.
    Last edited by Nostromo; April 8, 2007, 06:54.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

the Lord is always mentioning things to do with your entrails
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Nostromo, everyone in the Isles is insane. They all have different forms, however, so it's quite entertaining. On the whole, I really liked it, but it's going to be "more of the same". If you liked Oblivion, you'll like the expansion. If you didn't like Oblivion, you'll probably still dislike it.
        Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

the Lord is always mentioning things to do with your entrails
          Ah, I see. You meant that the dialogues are more interesting. I thought that they had changed how dialogues work.

Nostromo, everyone in the Isles is insane. They all have different forms, however, so it's quite entertaining. On the whole, I really liked it, but it's going to be "more of the same". If you liked Oblivion, you'll like the expansion. If you didn't like Oblivion, you'll probably still dislike it.
          I sorta like Oblivion, but I'm not gaga about it. One turn-off is the cookie-cutter fantasy setting. Been there, done that. I realize that they wanted to capitalize on the success of the LOTR movies and that CRPGers are a hyper conservative bunch (most of the times, games with original settings are commercial failures). So the expansion seems like a nice change of pace.
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

A number of reports have shown up on the internet concerning a very critical (i.e. game-ending) bug inherent in the new Oblivion expansion, Shivering Isles. It affects both Xbox 360 and PC owners.

The problem has been determined to derive from six scripts which control the patrolling patterns of certain guards. The scripts, which run even if you are not in the area, exhausts the internal allotment of identification numbers which are assigned to every object in the game (e.g. dropped arrows, weaponry). Once all the space is full, newly created objects disappear from the game world.

The bug will occur if you have Shivering Isles installed, whether or not you even access the content. It will rear its ugly head 50 to 120 hours within gameplay, depending upon your framerate (we're not sure if this is hours of play after installation of expansion or total play time). The Xbox 360 version, running at 30 frames per second, is expected to hit the bug at 150 hours.

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages have chronicled the issue and possible solutions. PC users can enjoy user-made patches; Xbox 360 owners have a suggested, although annoying and short-term (and spoiler-laden) fix they can use. We've contacted Bethesda for an official statement.

Comment

PC's
              be free

Comment

Damn just dpownlaoded shivering isles for xbox too.. hope it doesnt impact too soon, i restarted game so hoepfully by time it a problem a patch wil lb e out.
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                X