video game soundtracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video game soundtracks

Does anyone know where to find (or if there exist) orchestral or rearranged soundtracks to Chrono Trigger and Tales of Symphonia? I don't like OST's because they tend to contain a lot of very short pieces (e.g. battle music), but they're all I've found.

Also, does anyone have other suggestions (for games)? I currently have the Halo, Halo 2, and Ocarina of Time (rearranged/remixed) soundtracks (sadly, none of the other Zelda games appear to have rearranged albums), and I copied all the music from the SimCity 4 directory, but I'm looking to expand on this.

Civ4, Baldur's Gate 1&2
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Chrono Trigger definitely exists - there's some CD with about 12 songs on it, all orchestral. There's also some series... called something like OGS/Orchestral Game Soundtracks or something. That has the Chrono Trigger main theme plus a bunch of other S/NES music. I'll try to remember to look up what I have at home.
      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
      New faces...Strange places,
      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs
        Baldur's Gate 1&2
        Seconded.

Also anything composed by Jeremy Soule (Guildwars, Oblivion) as he writes AWESOME soundtracks.
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

are you talking original music only, or existing pieces (which you might not find elsewhere)

If the latter, Id heartily suggest EU2. Nothing original and some of the 18th stuff you could easily find elsewhere (Vivaldi, Mozart) but the early music for the 15th anc 16th centuries is very cool (Note esp the notorious falala song) Also its a good game.

For original, nothing comes to mind. Im playing BG2 these days, and the music is pretty good, but Im not QUITE as overwhelmed as some folks seem to be.

Sid Meiers Gettysburg had some nice civil war songs.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Re: video game soundtracks

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            Does anyone know where to find (or if there exist) orchestral or rearranged soundtracks to Chrono Trigger and Tales of Symphonia? I don't like OST's because they tend to contain a lot of very short pieces (e.g. battle music), but they're all I've found.

Also, does anyone have other suggestions (for games)? I currently have the Halo, Halo 2, and Ocarina of Time (rearranged/remixed) soundtracks (sadly, none of the other Zelda games appear to have rearranged albums), and I copied all the music from the SimCity 4 directory, but I'm looking to expand on this.
            You could try the SSBM orchestral soundtrack. "Smashing... Live!"
            I changed my signature

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
              Seconded.

Also anything composed by Jeremy Soule (Guildwars, Oblivion) as he writes AWESOME soundtracks.
              Sir, you are correct. An excellent suggestion. I shall look up the Guildwars music too

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                are you talking original music only, or existing pieces (which you might not find elsewhere)
                Original.

If the latter, Id heartily suggest EU2. Nothing original and some of the 18th stuff you could easily find elsewhere (Vivaldi, Mozart) but the early music for the 15th anc 16th centuries is very cool (Note esp the notorious falala song) Also its a good game.

Interesting idea. I've considered copying out the Doomsday sountrack too, but it's not really my type. Thanks

Comment

Final Fantasy VI/III

Comment

I still love the theme in Zozo. The Magicite Factory music kicked ass too.

I forgot to look it up

I'll send myself a note.
                    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                    New faces...Strange places,
                    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

I've got the OST, and Piano Collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

QFT - we still sometimes hum the Prophecies music over ts, when it's slow.

Comment

Grim Fandango.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                            Grim Fandango.
                            That was (and still is) awesome. And don't forget Elite, everytime I hear The Blue Danube I still see myself docking
                            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                            And notifying the next of kin
                            Once again...

Comment

Xenogears, also composed by Yasunori Mitsuda.
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                              X