Where did all the forum games go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did all the forum games go?

Only two on the front page of this forum. What the hell happened?

It couldnt have anything to do with posts in OT counting for plus ones, could it?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Stories & Diplomacy also has forum games
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

He meant real games though.

I think the regular players have moved on for the most part.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I blame skanky.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Possibly. I used to start the sign-up threads when the games stalled...
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I think most of us moved on. I know for myself I have discovered "Free" online browser games and I am currently playing 4 of them all of which take a great deal of time.

Like LotM, I don't spend a lot on the new games which require the best graphics cards and newest computer to run but I am quite happy to play a "text based" game for hours on end as they will run on my dinosaur without any difficulty.

These games have basically replaced my "Other Games".

I think that Civ4 played a bigger role in killing off some of the forum games and most of them died before posts started counting in Off Topic.

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

FGs had their day in the sun, and they were great fun early on. I expect we'll see the odd revival or two.

Comment

I think that people have finally noticed that most of them weren't actually that good.

Comment

Nonsense, they were all amazing.

Since when do posts in the OFT count for +1's anyway? And why?
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Since about a month ago when the ownership changed hands. There's a thread in A/C.

Comment

Spikie has made 20 posts in that thread already. Of course, that doesn't narrow it down much as he has made at least 20 posts in all the community forum threads.

Comment

Without checking my guess is you'd be hard pushed to find one that wasn't the pic thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                          Nonsense, they were all amazing.
                          Not sure I would go so far as to say all as I played in some pretty bad ones. But by and large, they were very good. I was sorry to see Society fall, and enjoyed playing Galactic Overlord, Gladiator, Nascar and Nuclear War a great deal.

Hangman was good to fill in while the others were on hold, and Mafia is still hanging on and active, I suspect because it is the least time intensive of the forum games.

The others all failed for good reason.

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Well you just named the vast majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                              Mafia is still hanging on and active, I suspect because it is the least time intensive of the forum games.
                              I don't know... Some people appear to spend huge amounts of time looking for clues. Also, I think mafia is potentially more time-consuming for the GM, due to the creative element.
                              XBox Live: VovanSim
                              xbox.com (login required)
                              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                              Spore page

Comment

Working...
                              X