Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are any of the Star Trek/Wars games good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No most of them sUx0r
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Star Wars:
      TIE Fighter (and to a lesser extent the other SW PC space sims mentioned )
      KOTOR (the first one, haven't tried the second yet)

Only good Star Trek game I've played was a DOS adventure called "A Final Unity" that I probably couldn't even get working anymore.

Comment

There are quite a few good SW games, and a few classics. Star Trek has been far worse served, with the highlight being the Voyager FPS and the Final Unity adventure, both of which were decent.

Comment

wasn't there that star trek fps thing that was meant to be a classic - had a klingon(warf?) on the front cover. kinda like halo.....but not?

Comment

Star Trek/Star Wars games are doomed to fail.

I can't wait for a Wii lightsabre game so the prepubescent StarWars nuts on this site can shut up about the "potential".
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Star Trek/Star Wars games are doomed to fail.
              Nonsense.

Comment

Yeah, look at their track record.

Even X-COM was WAY overrated.

The closest Star Wars games have come to being good is KOTOR(1).
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

What does X-COM have to do with star trek / star wars games?
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Meant X-Wing, pedant.

Comment

'are you insane!' to coin a phrase of yours

You really are a pixel fascist arent you Asher? Look stick to what you know best, which is xbox+next gen gaming(i mean that in a good way - if i want to know about these things i look for what you say about them).

I can't see how X-wing can be over rated, it had a huge following(still does) at the time and was THE star wars game that finaly allowed players to step into the shoes of Luke vs the empire. Nothing else like it had been achieved in the star wars universe untill it came out.

It is a tough game, unforgivingly so compared to console gaming and modern gaming, but it is not 'over rated' in its historical context. It was a genre defining game(in space combat/flight sim) as much as being the ultimate star wars game of the time(and still up there).

Go pick on any of the games based around the newer star wars movies if you want to see poor(but great looking) examples of possibly over rated/poor games in the Star Wars franchise.

Comment

Yeah, look at their track record.

Even X-COM was WAY overrated.

The closest Star Wars games have come to being good is KOTOR(1).
                        I think this post adequately displays your knowledge of Star Wars games.

Comment

Well, Star Wars: Galaxies is actually a pretty decent MMORPG.

Asmodean
                          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                            Well, Star Wars: Galaxies is actually a pretty decent MMORPG.

Asmodean
                            Yeah, that certainly explains its overwhelming success.

I can't see how X-wing can be over rated, it had a huge following(still does) at the time and was THE star wars game that finaly allowed players to step into the shoes of Luke vs the empire.

Exactly. The game itself was pretty bad, but for the adolescent kids who played it they got to pretend they were Luke in the BEST MOVIE EVER MADE thought it was fun.

It wasn't fun, the movies sucked, and the people who like the movies & games so they can pretend to be in the Star Wars universe need to grow up.

You really are a pixel fascist arent you Asher?

What the hell does this have to do with pixels? I've been playing PC games since the late 80s. My comment has nothing to do with the graphics (which were, ironically, awesome for the time...) and everything to do with the boring gameplay that revolve around getting kids off into thinking they're Luke.

Comment

What the hell does this have to do with pixels? I've been playing PC games since the late 80s. My comment has nothing to do with the graphics (which were, ironically, awesome for the time...) and everything to do with the boring gameplay that revolve around getting kids off into thinking they're Luke.
                              ok my mistake - i had the impression you being so 'down' on x-wing might be to do with your love/addiction to HD graphics, so i stand corrected - i now see your irrational dislike of a genre defining game is all about star wars hate i feel the power of the dark side courses through your veins!

Comment

This is a really old game, but if you're a fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation, you owe it to yourself to play the 1995 adventure game "Star Trek: The Next Generation - A Final Unity." It's an adventure game that really makes you feel like you're acting out a ST:TNG episode.

As for the Star Wars universe, "Knights of the Old Republic" and its sequel are the best of the best.
                                "It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange." --Takeshi Kaga

Comment

Working...
                                X