Introvision games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introvision games

Introversion Software is one of the UK's most-respected and successful independent game developers and publishers. Founded in 2001 by three university students, we have gone on to create five critically acclaimed video games including cult classics Prison Architect, Uplink, DEFCON, Darwinia and Multiwinia.

The guys who did the excellent Darwinia. Anyway they have some demos to try out if people are interested in something a little different from the norm.

Anyone played their games? - Defcon sounds quite fun, kinda reminds me of that old classic movie War Games.

Uplink is a pretty nice game.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Uplink is great, the GUI is a bit clunky and has a few annoying qualities, for instance, you can only type in a field that has the cursor hovering over it, which can be a pain when you're 30 seconds away from getting busted by the authorities.

Defcon is also great, the atmosphere is really haunting and I'd been jonesing for a game just like that for years. You, a world map, some symbols, and a lot of nuclear explosions.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
        Defcon is also great, the atmosphere is really haunting and I'd been jonesing for a game just like that for years. You, a world map, some symbols, and a lot of nuclear explosions.
        kinda like balance of power? but with better graphics? Although the graphics in their games are deliberately down played for the art of it.

Yeah i've heard good things about Uplink too

I'm hoping more devs can spring up like these guys, i'm so over games industry(tm) and graphics above all else. So after xmas(i've used my xmas gifts slots up already) i plan on getting all three of their games - they seem more than reasonable for the asking price, and from playing the demos i know i'll get more than a once through play out of them

Bring back the bedroom programmers!!......santa......please!

Comment

Darwinia was ridiculous. The graphics are an abomination. It is clear 2 people made the entire game. They can try to explain via story why it looks so absurd, but there's no excuse for bad art direction. Crappy gameplay too. 2/10

Defcon's much better with friends. Playing online, lasts maybe a few days. With friends, a few weeks off and on maybe. 6/10

Uplink was pretty much a samey experience throughout. Do the same thing until you tire of it in a few days. 5/10

Nothing special.

Comment

Also, it's Introversion, not Introvision.

Check their site -- they think they are hot stuff. I like how they say "We don't want some publisher fu**ing up our game!!"

More like, "No one will publish us, listen to us *****"

Oh, and a lot of the "graphics" are reused from Uplink to Defcon. They are so lazy that, for example, the satellite symbol in Defcon that represents the Radar unit IS THE SAME DAMN ICON used in Uplink.

What **** bags.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Cid

kinda like balance of power? but with better graphics? Although the graphics in their games are deliberately down played for the art of it.
              Not really, it's nowhere as complex or involved as BOP was.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia

Not really, it's nowhere as complex or involved as BOP was.
                Well i was looking for an example, but yeah my impression is they make pretty 'lite' games in general(but hey whats wrong with fun?), easy to pick up and get into?

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                Darwinia was ridiculous. The graphics are an abomination. It is clear 2 people made the entire game. They can try to explain via story why it looks so absurd, but there's no excuse for bad art direction. Crappy gameplay too. 2/10

.......Check their site -- they think they are hot stuff. I like how they say "We don't want some publisher fu**ing up our game!!"

More like, "No one will publish us, listen to us *****"
                Well i only played the demo but loved the graphics of Darwinia - it totaly reminded me of the movie Tron and perfectly captured that 'enter the realm of a computer AI evolveing by itself" feeling - i thought it couldn't have been better realised graphicaly speaking.

And lol at them thinking they are "hot stuff" - they are a bunch of 21 year olds!

But ok maybe this style isnt for eveyone - in which case you still got EA to keep you happy

You are correct on my error over thier name - its funny how you can get a blindspot for things like that when you think you've understood! my mistake.

Comment

Working...
                X