Does anyone play Pardus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone play Pardus?

Looks like an updated version of Trade Wars.
    I might give it a try. Anyone here play it?
    "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Well, I've registered. You're required to play through a tutorial that teaches you how to perform the basic actions of the game before you can enter the galaxy. Have almost gotten through all 13 lessons.

Wow. How to even begin describing this game.
    It's more than just Trade Wars with better graphics. It's much more complex. Not only do you trade goods to make money, but you can also produce them for sale by creating buildings. The more experience points you have the more buildings you can own.

The game is 100% browser. Nothing needs to be downloaded. Registration is free, although they offer premium accounts for a modest fee. Premium membership gives you access to enhanced features and conveniences, such as being able to store more action points and access to a special part of the galaxy called the Pardus Sector.

Everything you do costs action points (APs): movement, trading, fighting, etc. You can store up to 5,000 APs. These regenerate at a rate of 24 every 6 minutes. As you earn more money you can buy equipment for your ship that reduces the AP cost of things: for example, better engines on your ship reduce the AP cost of movement.

There are three factions to join: Federation, Empire, Union. You can gain rank within a faction by performing missions. In the tutorial all I've encountered are things like killing a troublesome space monster or transporting a mysterious cargo, but I'm sure it gets more interesting in the real game. As in Trade Wars, players can form alliances with each other.

Lots of different goods to trade. Multiple levels of goods: e.g., ore --> metal --> robots or weapons. A black market economy too.

I'll let you know how it goes once I get into the real game. Looks pretty impressive at this point.

Comment

Been in the game a few days now. Exploring neighboring sectors. Doing some trading to upgrade the equipment on my ship a bit. Blasting some space monsters to earn XPs. If I kill 2 more young space dragons I'll have enough for a shiny new Rustclaw, which has a bigger hull and thus more appropriate for trading.

I chose to be a Keldon since at the "choose your race" screen it indicated the Human sector was overpopulated. Keldon are kind of like Vulcans--scientific and logical--but without the repressed emotions part.

Here's a screen of my player stats:
      Attached Files

Comment

And my ship--the "Sirius Trader." Get it?
        Attached Files

Comment

Always be sure to dock on a planet or starbase when you've finished taking your turns. This protects you from being attack or telerobbed.
          Attached Files

Comment

Does this game require eye-hand coordination?
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Nope.

Combat is all automated. You just indicate how many rounds you want to fight, and the results of each round are automatically displayed (e.g., did you miss, hit, and for how much damage).

Comment

Main interface:
                Attached Files

Comment

In the middle of the tutorial, but I got wore out, so I'll finish later.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Combat screen. Since I don't think I'll have enough APs to finish this thing off, I elect to retreat. Too bad.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Cool, I'll give it a shot maybe next month when I have more time.
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                      X