Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm playing TES: Arena, anyone played it? tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm playing TES: Arena, anyone played it? tips?

Well?

So far it's pretty fun, similar to Daggerfall, but not nearly as buggy yet.

They use an xp system.

No custom classes.

But it's HUGE. Ijust wish there wer quests that took you to dungeons like in Daggerfall and Morrowind.

Any hints or tricks?

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Good god, that goes way back. I think I played that in 1994 or so. The only suggestion I can make (since I don't remember a lot) is play a spellcaster. I was unable to progress beyond about level 14 or so without an ablative shield spell. At around that point, everything got a ranged attack (which the game considered a spell) and I'd get slaughtered before I could close to melee.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Play as a Battlemage or a Spellsword. Arena was quite aimed at them.

Also, do the side quests for unique weapons/armor any chance you get if the one you'd get is as good or better than the one you have. IIRC you can only have one at a time, and they go away after a while. The Ebony Katana (Ebony blade?) was my favorite, a vampiric one handed weapon that was WTFamazing...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The leading source brandable domain names. Competitive prices. Excellent service. Get your domain name today.

Thats all the links i have for Arena. I didnt really play it - though i still have it and plan to give it a proper go one rainy day

Comment

I got a bit bothered by the interface, but for some reason the game crashed a few seconds after the start and I then reformated...
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Only one tip: save often to avoid losing progress after it crashes.

Comment

Working...
            X