No announcement yet.

Gears of War is apparently amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to say there hasn't been significant progress, but next-gen graphics are not as much a leap forward as some claim.

Are you playing in high def yet?

One really cannot comment on such things if they can't appreciate them. The thing that really stands out about GoW is the attention to detail, something that's lost if you're seeing only 640x480.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Not to say there hasn't been significant progress, but next-gen graphics are not as much a leap forward as some claim.

Are you playing in high def yet?

One really cannot comment on such things if they can't appreciate them. The thing that really stands out about GoW is the attention to detail, something that's lost if you're seeing only 640x480.
      Conceded.

I'd say the biggest improvement has been that there are almost no loading screens! on the 360.

Comment

Just noticed that "Mad World" (the song from the Gears of War trailer/ads) is #4 on the iTunes downloads list.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
          Conceded.

I'd say the biggest improvement has been that there are almost no loading screens! on the 360.
          That's what all of those comm scenes are for where you have to walk real slow. They mask load screens.

Comment

That's what all of those comm scenes are for where you have to walk real slow. They mask load screens.
            Yes, but other games have those too, plus actual "Loading..............." screens.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
              Yes, but other games have those too, plus actual "Loading..............." screens.
              Point in case: Oblivion.
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

The train level was AWESOME!

Ending was a little disappointing (and game was a little short ), but wow, that level was good!

Comment

Try to beat it on Insane now.

I still think we should co-op and do hardcore or insane.

Comment

edit: dp

Comment

GoW got boring, so I went back to playing Halo 2.

Comment

That didn't last long.

Comment

It means he gets owned in multiplayer and he beat singleplayer on casual.

Comment

of course it does

Comment

Originally posted by El_Cid
                              of course it does
                              Look at his Gamercard achievements if you don't believe me.

Comment

I'm not the best player in MP, but I can certainly more than hold my own. I don't get what you mean about the Gamecard, other than the SP achievements? Granted I've only beat the campaign through on normal, but I doubt it'l be that much harder - we actually went through the first couple checkpoints on insane or nightmare or whatever it is. Raam might be fun to try on insane, and I'm sure I'll do the whole campaign later on the hardest difficult with my roommate, but no big rush. Storyline wasn't anything worth writing home about, and the duck and cover gameplay doesn't get any more exciting the second time around.

Comment

Working...
                                X