No announcement yet.

Guild Wars - Nightfall edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really. You wont have access to the Factions elites that's all (though 90% of them suck), and your only way to get Factions non-elites in PvE is to unlock via PvP and then buy them from the skill trainer in NF.

And if it bugs you later you can always buy Factions later. Start with NF if you are unsure as it is simply better.

Comment

Oh crap, I completely agree with Spikey

Nightfall pwns Factions

I have some elites but mainly use the elites I capped in Tyria.

Just buy Nightfall already, UnO and I will power level you to Vabbi and beyond
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

And no Im NOT going to search thru the old thread, Snoopdog please tell me your INGAME name.

We need to get you guilded, my kids are always going back to Prophesises to pick up this quest, or that quest.

They spent 3 hours in Maguma this afternoon, picking up the Jungle skills quests on alts they haven't played for a while............
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I think I'm currently playing Cpl Carrot (Wa/Mo)... Magrat Garlick was my good character (my level 20 finished the SP game monk/x, x currently being either elementalist or warrior or necro, I forget which) ...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

But regardless when I get NF I'll start a new character. Suggestions for the character class, assuming I rather want to play a NF character class?

I am probably a far superior support player than I am a front player or damage dealer. I play monk better than any other class, and am fairly good (in non PVP) as a healing or protecting monk. I'm an average damage dealing caster, and about the same as a tank; and I was pretty lousy as a ranger, though that was my first class.

So I should probably be a heal/support character

Comment

Wow, GW info on Nightfall is rather hard to find. I can't find anything on the official website in any specifics, and GWGuru doesn't look like it's been updated much? Google is not helping at all ...

Anyway, I get the idea that Paragon is a support-warrior, perhaps a slightly better /monk than a Wa/Mo like half of the prophecies players; while Dervish is a mesmer-type character, either support or area-effect-damage.

How would El/De play? Or Pa/Mo? I feel like either one could be playable for me. Or just tell me what to play It has to be at least reasonably soloable (ie, playable by myself just with heroes or henchmen) as I play that way sometimes, but that can and usually will be a distinct build of course.

Oh, and if I choose something like El/De, do I get full Nightfall content, ie Heroes and such, or is that restricted to Nightfall primary professions only?

Comment

Both the Paragon and Dervish are more in your face vice support. From what Ive been able to ascertain.

Why not bring along an established character, and play with that toon for a while, then go back and make a new one?

That may give you some in game time to see what the heroes can do and may lead you more to playing a Paradox or a Dervish............

Comment

Snoopy - dervishes are not mesmers they are in your face melee attackers, though very different from warriors and assassins. They are very well done actually, my dervish was my favourite character when playing through Nightfall. They use a scythe and have neat aoe attacks, condition spreading, and solid defensive skills.

Paragon is a support class (though you can play them as a frontliner or frontline/support variant because of their high AC). Predominantly they use shouts to give people health or energy and because of your primary attribute you never run out of energy doing it. From what you've posted you would enjoy this role, though it's really in PvP where they shine because energy management in particular is so much more important there.

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                    Both the Paragon and Dervish are more in your face vice support. From what Ive been able to ascertain.

Why not bring along an established character, and play with that toon for a while, then go back and make a new one?

That may give you some in game time to see what the heroes can do and may lead you more to playing a Paradox or a Dervish............
                    I suppose I could try that, though wouldn't I be way overpowered for the early Nightfall stuff? Or does it start out at a higher level?

Also, is the level cap still 20 or did it go up in nightfall content?

Comment

• It's 20 still.

With an old char you don't play noob island, which means it's not 20 v 1, but 20 v 12ish. It does make it easier, but it's easy anyway early on so no real change.

I'd start a new char on noob island though personally for first run through.

Comment

• OK Snoop added you to friends list and sent you a guild invite. Im finally downloading Dungeon Runners

Comment

• Okay picked up my nightfall at BB today (along with a $149 400GB Seagate SATAII drive!!) ... installing

Comment

• Okay, played a bit, got up to level 3ish with a Paragon. Interesting character mold, though I am not a huge fan of the adrenaline skills, so it'll have to wait to see what happens when I can actually party up with people ...

My nick for my Paragon is "Visit the Infidel". Dang on 19 character limit.

Comment

• Heya, a question for those of you who play GW and Civ4 or Civ4 Warlords.

Do you ever have GW freezes in the login screen after playing Civ4 then starting GW?

I do, and they're related to Civ4-Warlords not quitting properly (definitely) ... but I'm curious if it's something global or if it is something odd related to my configuration specifically.

Comment

• dp

Comment

Working...
                                X