Imperium Nova: free TBS multiplayer browser-based game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you mean username, it's: Sparrowhawk
    (the second time I tried a different email address and used the username: Hawk ).

I didn't get the login confirmation to be able to do anything further than that however (such as choose a "house"?)

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Ok, I sent a PM to the GM. Hopefully he can help you out.

Comment

• Thanks

By the way, assuming I get in, any suggestions of a sphere of influence? It seems from reading this thread that many of you went for Mercantile, and Bosh was suggestion Transportation as another good alternative. I was reading about both Technology and Geological and they sound good to me but do you get any planet information before you pick your sphere? THat would help I would think.

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• do you get any planet information before you pick your sphere?
          IIRC, you do.

Comment

• Tuttle: congrats on the economic success. My economy is doing OK now (will be back in gear once I finish my merchantile reorg by branching out to more planets) but I appreciate the offer for funds.
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Okay, thanks for the help Harry. I am now in as House Sparrowhawk. Planet Velouria. Transport primary sphere of influence.

/me

Comment

• And I am now in the alliance

(still not exactly sure what I am doing, but I will pick it up fairly soon I suspect). I was disappointed when I saw how many days it takes to build anything, but when I found out a "day" is only 2 hours real time it wasn't so bad

Just waiting for my buildings to complete before I do anything else just yet. Don't want to rush into anything foolish (like playing another MMO....though not sure this qualifies as "Massive"....I am correct in that I am ranked 38 out of 47 houses in the galaxy, meaning that there are only 47 players of which after only a few hours I am ranked higher then 9 of them? ).

/me

Comment

• It is a beta version after all as I understand it.

I was in pretty dire straights and was still ranked 47 out of 60+. Now even worse.

I really don't think the game has legs.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• And here I figured that you had found a new adiction Hercules to replace Ogame (which I still am playing, though I seem to spend less time at it then I used to).

/me

Comment

• I 'll go back to Ogame fairly soon.

but Boy it is some addiction.
                      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Bosh: Cool, glad to hear it.

Sparrowhawk: Some houses have negative status and are going to be lower than you, even now.

Comment

• ah, that makes sense I hadn't thought about going into negative.

Any tips about what I should be doing or do I basically just wait for my spaceports to complete? (and I intend to continue upgrading them to space hubs once the minor spaceports complete which might not be the most cost effective way to do it, but I want to get them complete so that I can start using them right away).

/me

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                            ah, that makes sense I hadn't thought about going into negative.

Any tips about what I should be doing or do I basically just wait for my spaceports to complete? (and I intend to continue upgrading them to space hubs once the minor spaceports complete which might not be the most cost effective way to do it, but I want to get them complete so that I can start using them right away).

* Sparrowhawk
                            Actually Hubs offer the best chance for cost effectiveness.

Get your tranport lanes opened and see if you can make any money. Generally the rules are correct. If you need some cash feel free to let me know. I think we'll be opening up the goodie bag in a bit and let some of our smaller houses get some cash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                              ah, that makes sense I hadn't thought about going into negative.

* Sparrowhawk
                              -Focus on planets with less transport routes open that aren't too poor.
                              -Economy routes between poor planets isn't the best money but is very stable and reliable.
                              -Only open routes that nobody else is running (check the planet screen, look a facilities, hit the transport building filter and check out what routes are being run).
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Oops, not sure I am off to such a good start. I think I kinda went overboard on the number of facilities I built/am building and only just now realize that the costs of maintaining them, and the costs of getting initial transport routes started, is greater then my funds.

I have shut whatever down I can, though I had already done most of that, but I suspect I am going to have money troubles sometimes tomorrow unless I can get at least another profitable transport route in place.

Fingers crossed that I can successfully find another "good" route.

By the way, any idea of the order of: Poor, Mediocre, Good etc?

/me

Comment

Working...
                                X