Imperium Nova: free TBS multiplayer browser-based game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Free Houses Uber Alles!

Of the 14 members of the alliance that aren't me half of them were recruited by me

Bwaaa ha ha!
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

So... when are you going to wrest control of the alliance?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
        So... when are you going to wrest control of the alliance?
        When I have more than 0 military units

Seriously though, Timendi is great. He's giving us lots of money.
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

So should I wait a month before asking for money again?
          "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

i suck at this game.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
              i suck at this game.
              The learning curve in the game is a bit high at first. I had a tough time figuring out how exactly to make a profit. The real nitty gritty to the game is identifying planets that can be made profitable, name those without production facilities in your sphere of activity. I have found a few planets without tech production facilities that I am building on, making some decent revenues.

I think the input that has been given in the past few days on improving the economics of the game has been avlauble and hopefully we'll see some changes to help out new players.

Comment

So should I wait a month before asking for money again?
                Yeah, people can only give money once/month.

i suck at this game.
                Need advice on something?

I have found a few planets without tech production facilities that I am building on, making some decent revenues.
                Wow, on tech?
                Good work.

I think the input that has been given in the past few days on improving the economics of the game has been avlauble and hopefully we'll see some changes to help out new players.
                Yeah, that will be nice.
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
                  Need advice on something?
                  thank you, but no. i don't think this will work out for me. perhaps when i've got less going on out on this side. i've still got a ****eload of painting to finish, and i'm going to start working 70 hour weeks...
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

My newby perspective. From my edge of the known universe it is difficult to find a (legal) mercantile trading differential to make some trade routes worth while ( too many rich /wealthy planets).

I notice that forum comments also mention this difficulty.

Plus there is no FAQ information (so I presume I can't) on swapping trade routes, at no cost. I can change the commodity traded at no cost, afaik, but I can't swap trade route A to B, to A to C and then maybe establish route B to C (with a centre or hub) without another start up charge.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Best copy Bosh and try smuggling. Although he seems to having a spot of bother with the Imperials.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                        Best copy Bosh and try smuggling. Although he seems to having a spot of bother with the Imperials.
                        Trouble smubble

Damn imperials
                        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

My cheapo transport networks are starting to bear fruit. Transportation really is a ridiculously powerful sphere. The mathematics involved mean that there's an almost limitless number of potential transport routes with no competition, and the +1 to range boosts this even more.

Comment

My experience in Mercantile is going in the opposite direction.

Where I am in the galaxy (the edge)I can't get enough differential in prices to make it profitable.
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Yeah, transport is very good. I'm working on expanding it myself.

I think I'll use my transport profits to build a bunch of psionics buildings and dominate the psionics sphere WalMart-style
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                                My experience in Mercantile is going in the opposite direction.

Where I am in the galaxy (the edge)I can't get enough differential in prices to make it profitable.
                                It was much easier before the economy boomed on Media Borealis. Despite the mediocre price differentials I've built enough facilities to generate $6,000 per month in profit. The subsidies I've received from Imperial Free Houses have been most helpful.
                                "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Working...
                                X