X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Games you play!

Originally posted by Kataphraktoi
    Best fps ever.
    I'm afraid that title belongs to Deus Ex (1)
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Another great free game(the full paid for version has no level limit) is Mount and Blade - very fun

Comment

Nobody plays those old-fashioned point&click adventures anymore? Is it all FPS and RPG nowadays?
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

I would, but I've played 'em all.

Comment

Playing Superpower . A tbs game put out by Golemlabs in 2002.
            Was very unstabe when it first came out along with many bugs.But after 4 patches and a faithful group of modders it has replaced most other games I own.
            Still working on AI files and updating data to link it to editor to make complex scenairos. Creative inhouse rules helps alot too.
            Supreme Ruler 2010 is somethiing I have played on and off. Like the first Call to Power game it has alot of detailed information to keep up with. Its just a matter of figuring out what needs to be done first.

Comment

I made the mistake of buying superpower. I believe that I used the CD in an art project of mine.
              Supreme Ruler 2010 was a little too much of a wargame for my tastes.
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
                Nobody plays those old-fashioned point&click adventures anymore? Is it all FPS and RPG nowadays?
                just read a very poor review for the latest Broken Sword game - 4/10

comments of note from the review:

"Devout fans of the genre will still find pleasure in Broken Sword : Angel of Death."
                "And herein lies Broken Sword: The Angel of Death's greatest downfall: there's a fun story to be experienced here, but it's constantly halted by lack of progression"
                "Fahrenheit had the right idea after all"

in general i get the feeling that the reviewer may not be a fan of the genre, or if he was - the years of instant player gratification that games have become has made it hard to go back to the 'old days'?

My gf likes these kind of games so i'll probably be getting it at some point.

Comment

It's really pointless reading the main review sites' reviews of adventure games. I'd recommend some of the adventure fansites, who will do a better job. They like the genre (obviously) but aren't afraid to call a turkey a turkey.

Check out:

Give Life a Break – JustAdventure!

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                    It's really pointless reading the main review sites' reviews of adventure games. I'd recommend some of the adventure fansites, who will do a better job. They like the genre (obviously) but aren't afraid to call a turkey a turkey.

Check out:

http://www.justadventure.com/
                    Thanks Spike and I agree with you, a Turkey should be called a Turkey and here is one Fowl Weathered Friends where if a game is substandard, the experts call it such

Gramps
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Civilization 4
                      Sim City 4000
                      Europa Universalis 2
                      (I tried Hearts of Iron 2; but dropped the game after 30minutes)
                      Unreal Tournament 2004
                      Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
                      Chessmaster
                      Warcraft III for Multiplayer
                      Freelancer (space game from Microsoft)
                      GTA: San Andreas

Now, I've downloaded the trial version of Eve Online... I'll see if I love the games.
                      bleh

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Check out:

http://www.justadventure.com/
                        Thanks for the link Dr.Spike sadly they havent reviewed the latest Broken Dragon game. I only bother taking note of one source these days when it comes to games reviews in general, and its not on an internet site - places like gamespot(once a very fair and honest site) which is probably currently one of the better game review sites, have gone down hill/sold out to the extent i cant really trust them as i could once.

For an internet based overview i use metacritic.com. But back to the main point; i find the Games(tm) magazine pretty good for the most part, less industry involved than edge and not afraid to call a turkey a turkey as you say. Still everything is falable, and the 4/10 came from their latest issue. thus my thinking the reviewer may not have been a real fan of the genre(atleast not anymore)?

oh and giving Oblivion 9/10 so thats definately 1 wrong review(out of the 30+ issues i've bought) with a possible 2nd over the new Broken Dragon.

Comment

I think you mean Broken Sword.

Comment

Working...
                          X