Total war eras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
    Yes, and yes. I put them to the sword, usually, they wouldn't afford it anyway.
    I release them and gain Chivalry points and the people lurve me.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

The only problem I have with R:TW and to a greater extent M:TW2 is the pace of the battles. In M:TW the battles had (for me) a distinctly epic feel about them. In R:TW, even at the slowest speed the units move way too fast and when I charge a cav unit I don't get the feel of a wall of 1500 lb horses with extended lances I get the feel of a herd of mice scampering about. And M:TW2 is worse still! (impressions from the M:TW2 demo only)

However, I do like the R:TW strategic game and I have been playing mostly strategically lately, letting the computer fight the battles for me, and having fun playing this way.

I may someday get M:TW2 because I feel pretty strongly that the strategic game is better than nay of its predecessors. But for the time being M:TW and the R'TW strategy game are keeping me busy.

Comment

R:TR (the mod) fixed the battles so that they're more realistic, and thus they aren't as fast-paced, as well as balanced stuff around to make it more realistic. It't teh w00t.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

In that case, I will definitely be checking out R:TR! Thanks!

edit: btw, is the expansion required for R:TR? Or does it use vanilla R:TW?

Comment

There's a couple of versions. RTR version 6.2 (or some such designation) won't work with any version of RTW later than patch 1.2, and it requires 1.2 in any event. Another team ported that version over to work in the 1.5/1.6 version of RTW and BI, that one is called RTRPE (Platinum Edition). You require either RTW patched to 1.5, or BI patched to 1.6. It's also possible through a little file editing to run RTR using the BI executable file instead of the RTW.exe file, which is supposed to improve some things. From what I've heard, theres a RTR 7 version in the works that is supposed to work in 1.6, but I haven't been keeping up with it. I'm stuck on M2TW now, been playing for 2 weeks solid every spare moment (and some that weren't spare moments).
            Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

What Quillan said. I play RTR:PE with the expansion because I enjoy the improvements (night battles, better AI, actual attempts at amphibious invasions), but it isn't neccessary - you can play Platinum Edition (which is in every way preferable to standard RTR) without the expansion. I would switch to M2TW, but that would take far too much of my time during this busy part of the year.
              Lime roots and treachery!
              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Get RTR:PE

Oh, wait. I'm biased because I helped build it.
                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                  I release them and gain Chivalry points and the people lurve me.
                  I lop their heads off, my Dread soars, and my general can singlehandedly rout entire armies. My way is cooler than yours, frankly.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Pah, can you run Very High Tax in all cities with minimal garrisons?
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                      Pah, can you run Very High Tax in all cities with minimal garrisons?
                      You can do that in RTW anyway. Exterminating cities for fun and profit
                      Lime roots and treachery!
                      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

this is starting to make a lot of sense, to get.

It currently retails (on the net) for $40. RTW, by itself, no xpacks, is $20 (at Best Buy, and I think, online from Amazon) STW, new, from Amazon, is at least $10 with the xpack, I think. So even if all I want is RTW plus STW, its probably going to be no more expensive getting Eras (assuming I want at least on RTW xpack) plus I get MTW and its xpack, and some extra goodies.

Its been a long time since I spent $40 at one time on gaming, but Im seriously considering it.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

They've announced a new Total War game to be set in the Napoleanic time period.
                          I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                          New faces...Strange places,
                          Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                          -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

As predicted! And as hoped for by millions!

Comment

Originally posted by mactbone
                              They've announced a new Total War game to be set in the Napoleanic time period.

That's a negative, Ghostrider. It's set during the 18th century into the 19th, but it doesn't include the Napoleonic Era.

No doubt that's going to be an expansion.

But it does have Naval Battles! Real Naval Battles!
                              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

RTW is much better than medieval. medieval introduced higher system requirements and pointless units in the campaign map.

Comment

Working...
                                X