Nhl 07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nhl 07

The demo came out early this morning. I'm downloading it while I'm in class.

I look forward to it being as good as it has been hyped.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

It's an EA hockey game...no.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Having played both the NHL 07 and NHL 2K7 demos, I can safely say NHL 2K7 >>> NHL 07. I can't seem to get used to the new controls on 07.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

well im glad you tried both.

I've gotten the hang of the EA controls. The 5 on 5 in the 2k7 demo is nice, but I hate the feel and look of it all. Might rent it, but EA is a definate buy for me.

Comment

I agree that NHL 2K7 looks and feels more realistic.

The ice especially. And the skater animations.

The skaters looked and felt awkward as usual in NHL 07, and the "simpler" controls actually take away a lot of potential variety.

Comment

The skaters looked awkward in 07? You must be kidding.

Someone on doubleminor.net posted a side by side comparison of Staal in 07 and Staal in 2k7. It's night and day which game looks better.

Comment

Link?

Comment

Cant find the thread, but I have the pictures

NHL 2k7

NHL 07

And that isn't even the best picture of NHL 07, IMO.

And a picture of Staal for comparison

Comment

I was referring to the animation.

And in your pictures, NHL 2K7's is a lot more lifelike...he looks undead in NHL 07?

Comment

Hah, sure.

Comment

I agree with Asher. Some of the detail is better in the second pic but is it showing zombie hockey? Because that's what it looks like.

Comment

The NHL 07 shot looks "better" because it has Depth of Field applied to it because it's from an in-game cinematic. The player model/textures look unrealistic, as I said -- he looks like a zombie.

The animation is worse, the movements aren't natural and they're "jerky".

The worst part of all is NHL 07 doesn't seem to check for clipping on the same model. This is more evident with goaltenders, who repeatedly manage to thrust their sticks through their blocker...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          The NHL 07 shot looks "better" because it has Depth of Field applied to it because it's from an in-game cinematic.
                          This is false. If you go into instant replay at any point, you will see graphics this crisp.

Comment

It's not the crispness I'm talking about. It's the blurryness in the background, which is a depth of field effect, which is certainly NOT present in the gameplay.

This is one reason you don't see any jaggedy edges in the background -- it's frickin blurred for dramatic effect.

The whole point is that's not a true in-game screenshot at all, it's a cinematic mode compared to a non-cinematic mode in NHL 2K7 replays.

You're comparing apples to oranges, but still the NHL 07 screenshots look disturbing.

Comment

The "depth of field" effect is certainly in the game. Check again.

Comment

Working...
                              X