help! my computer is too fast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! my computer is too fast!

I just installed Rogue Squadron (the PC port of the N64 title), and it's completely unplayable. The game runs at ten times the normal speed, because my hardware is just too fast (this is a pretty old game). How could I make it work?

Take your CPU fan off.

Comment

Hmm, I thought you were using the emulator, there is a nifty limit fps option there if your computer is just too good.

there are some dos utilities for slowing down a computer, I don't think they'd work here though.

" MoSlow

Mo'Slo is used to slow a specific application or batch file. When you exit the slowed program you also exit Mo'Slo, and previous system speed resumes. Mo'Slo can be used in batch files and Windows shortcuts, and can be called from other applications. Virtual speed is adjustable from 99.9% down to 0.1% of normal in 0.1% increments. This is the shareware/evaluation version of the commercial version. This version lacks the convenience features of Mo'Slo Deluxe and 4BIZ and may not run on CPUs faster than 700MHz, but the slowdown engine is similar to the commercial version."

Comment

I use MoSlo for MooII to avoid the mouse sticking problems.

Comment

You mean it gets rid of the "CTD if you move mouse outside fullscreen" -problem?

Comment

try this site, its got lots of good info and links to various free software for these kind of problems. I've found it very useful over the years.
            I use the program Turbo for slowdown, but it may not be as effective on your PC as it is on mine, but its small and free and worth a shot.

Comment

Hmm, I thought you were using the emulator, there is a nifty limit fps option there if your computer is just too good.

Rogue Squadron is the one N64 game that no one has been able to emulate.

Comment

Look on Craigs List or Free cycle, sometimes someone is giving away or selling for peanuts a really old machine.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

funny, I had this problem when I tried to install rogue squadron on my crappy laptop. A celeron 600 or something.

I was curious if it could run it and the game ran at 10 times speed like you say.

It seems like some other problem since my laptop is hardly cutting edge.

Not sure what the problem is. It runs great on my PC, an AMD 2200+, but on the crappy celeron 600 laptop it runs in fast forward mode.
                  While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Working...
                  X