DIPlomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIPlomacy

Based on this thread, there may be interest to play Diplomacy here. This thread is to establish whether there is such interest, and if there is, to show RAH that interest and hopefully get permission to play it here

We'd want to play it somewhat differently from how it's played at eventis, in that we'd use only one thread for the game, and just progressively go through that thread with each turn.

What is DIP?

Diplomacy is a simple board-style game with the seven powers of Europe in the pre-WWI era. These seven powers have armies and fleets at the ready, to attempt to dominate Europe (by controlling the majority of it).

Rules: http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/rules/diplomacy.pdf

Basically, you move armies about the board, ally with other armies of your own and of others to dominate yet other players. This is not a very time-consuming game, all armies have an equal strength and you control 3 armies to start the game, and never more than 20 (if you have that many, you've already won).
    There are in the neighborhood of 15-20 turns in the game, each turn a single PM to the GM plus a possible build/disband/retreat after the turn. Well, and perhaps PMs to allies and enemies

Any interest?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Shouldn't this be in the Paradox forum?
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Um, no. That's a COMPUTER game, which is apparently lousy anyway. This is a Forum game

Comment

Ah. Sorry.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

*cough cough*

Admittedly, the forum's all but dead, but there used to be a lot of Dip games going on in there. I remember the time when forum games weren't wanted there, out of fear they'd swamp the stories and Dip games.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Hmm, that's interesting. Didn't know we had a forum for Dip...

Comment

I'll allow ONE thread here for that, but I reserve the right to do what I do with HANGMAN. I'll base it on the level of participation and types of posts.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Would it be more active here than in Stories&Diplomacy?

Comment

The traffic is higher here.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I can play
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Same here, might be up to it...

Comment

Snoopy, aren't you supposed to be running another game at the moment? Hint hint...
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                        X