No announcement yet.

Join the Quest for TBS games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the version i have is the 1998 Hasbro interactive one. It looks much more like a board game than that 2004 version by Atari.

The 1998 version is basicaly turn based, combat is the only part resolved in a sort of simultanious turn phase. i.e the attacker roles their dice, the defender takes loses, then any surviving units get to attack the attacker and loses are calculated. its virtualy turnbased in the way it seems to work as far as i can tell.

This is the gamespot review of the 1998 version:

oldies are often better

Comment

Well, I was asking about the computer game that I've seen in stores, which had to be the 2004 computer game.

IIUC, there are the following:

1) The boardgame, which is obviously turn-based. When I said I was a long-time fan of the game, this is the one to which I was referring. (Why back in my day . . . dagnabbit!).

2) A 1998 computer version of #1, which is TBS.

3) A 2004 computer version of #1, which is RTS.

El_Cid, I see that you've already amended the list for the Axis and Allies question, but I noticed that MOO1 is on the list, but MOO2 was omitted. It's discussed below, but not listed.

Grandpa Troll, I haven't played AOE, EE or RON, but thanks for the information.

Sarxis, I have to agree with you on Risk II. It's pretty true to the old boardgame. Even with the advanced rules, it'll never have the complexity of something like the MOO games or SMAC, but it has its own appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Aabraxan
        edit....

El_Cid, I see that you've already amended the list for the Axis and Allies question, but I noticed that MOO1 is on the list, but MOO2 was omitted. It's discussed below, but not listed.

Ah yes, I had borrowed MOO2 previously - played it to death, then gave it back to the lender so i need a new category for that instance, as i'm sure it will crop up more as my memmory gets jogged.

I've been having another go at Crusader Kings again these last few days, and i've decided to re-catorgorise it and the other Paradox games listed - they are now under the 'games i wish were tbs' heading.
        Last edited by El_Cid; September 2, 2006, 12:59.

Comment

I just saw the category that you put MOO2 in. That's not how I'd have categorized it, but that's a matter of taste.

Comment

Supreme Ruler 2010 has a turn base mode. 12 hours-48 per turn.Complex game but has detailed manual with many online helps along with game walkthurs.
            Many random settings means great replay value.A game that takes alot of thinking.
            Call to Power 2 still rates high with me.Right balance between fun factor and management of your civilization.

Comment

Working...
            X