Transcendence v0.97 is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transcendence v0.97 is out!

George Moromisato has just released the latest update to Transcendence. He's added new station types, the ability to mail-order items in later systems, new ships, new weapons, and a bunch more background info in the game itself.

For those who haven't heard of this freeware game, Transcendence is pretty easy to explain. Take gameplay from a top-down space action game, give it the random levels, huge variety of enemies and gear, and character-building of a Rogue-like game, and stir it up in a fairly realistic hard-SF space opera setting. It's very addictive and a lot of fun.

I started another thread on this but in the wrong forum. If anybody would like to discuss the game or would like pointers on how to start up a new game (it can be a bit overwhelming at first), let me know.

Transcendence is an open world 2D space game, with trading, combat, exploration and much more. Try the core game for free today!

Game looks interesting but I don't have enough time. But i wanted the +1 i complained about before, so thanks!
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Thanks for the info Badtz Maru The game looks very interesting and i'll be getting it asap. I have a certain addiction with smac currently, so when that has abated a bit i'll post my impressions and any questions about this games.

Comment

I blame Badtz for wasting a lot of my time recently.

I must get the update.........

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
          I blame Badtz for wasting a lot of my time recently.

I must get the update.........

ACK!
          0.97 is really worth it. At first my favorite part was the new shields, but I soon found I preferred the old low-HP/fast recharge shields to the new high-HP/slow recharge ones.

I like the trading posts, but it's too bad you're only able to put in a custom order once per post.

There are plenty of other new stations. I found one that will repair damaged gear, and some stores that sell high-level weapons for rins. Speaking of rins, the late game economy has been given a huge boost by the addition of Teratons, who will pay you in rins for high-tech weapons. Be sure you're well stocked with medical supplies if you decide to let them experiment on you if you don't want to die.

There is a major change to the Charon system - there's actually a bit of storyline involving the Charon pirates, where you see a station get wiped out by them and are asked to get revenge. In most cases you will have to run a gauntlet of pirates out of the system to St. Katherine's Star, then upgrade your gear with the good post-St. Kate stations and come back for revenge. It felt really epic.

There's plenty of nifty new weapons and equipment, and a bunch of other minor changes to the game. I've got more enjoyment out of this than 95% of the full-priced games I've bought over the years, it would be worth it at $50 and is definitely worth a free download.

Comment

I'm having fun with it.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

A new version is out, with better aiming.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
              X