Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mythic Wars MMO

[mythos]

the next age starts on augst second! i have reserved five other slots for those that wish to be in the same kingdom as i am, you can register in Pack 84. the password is apolyton

the game is quite a bit of fun, and fairly easy to learn.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

I registered in Pack 84, as a Priest of Apollo

Also been reading the user guide, not sure what to do first, going to check out the forums next to see if I can't get some pointers there, but if you care to offer any sb, that would be appreciated (such as whether to train some military, build buildings, train spies, send my Hero out exploring) not sure which to go with, or if all of the above. I have a positive income and starting cash, seems I should spend it, but don't want to waste it.

Also, it seems that all of my villagers start out employed, so I don't really want to take them away from what they are doing to gather more resources, but obviously I will need more resources soon.

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

not to worry. you get three days or thereabouts to get acclimated with the system. just build housing, watch towers, farms, and markets to start. because you're playing apollo, you get a bonus amount of food per farm, depending on what apollo's god power is rated at.

if you look at your villagers under the city menu, you'll find that there are 250 unfilled jobs, BUT you also have room for 1500 more villagers. don't worry about this. they'll do what comes naturally.

you can explore land while still in the Guard. it costs villagers, but over a short time, it'll be worth it. there does come a certain point where exploring becomes cost prohibitive, however.

also, something you can do now, before the game starts, is go to 'manage hero' and give him learning. extra experience is always a good thing. your hero will gain experience attacking, and exploring.

attacking other cities is the best way of getting additional land.

Comment

Also joined, god : hestia, hero riest

Comment

Good to have you on board Lul Thyme

Okay self biased, I am going with the following start options, feel free to tell me if you think I am doing anything foolish

Training all 12 spies (which will cost me 24% of my hourly income, but I think it is going to be worth it in the long run).

I am sending my Hero to explore approx. 20 acres (with a 2 acre bonus for doing this).

I am spending my skill points on learning (4) and guarding (1)........and I intend to continue with this pattern for the first couple levels at least.

Not sure about buildings, I think I will go with about 20 buildings, trying to keep the same ratio as i start with. Not sure about watchtowers, academies or docks to begin, might just stick with homes, farms and markets for a start. My biggest concern is population, but I hope I will see soon enough that my population grows at a high enough rate to make use of the buildings.....and hopefully enough left over population to go out and get more lumber and iron ore (I don't plan on doing this to start).

Armies are where I am really struggling. I don't intend to start with any until I am getting close to coming out of the first safe stage. I will try and plan my military to have some by the time this stage ends, but I have no idea........all defensive, all offensive, all god troops, a mixture of all of the above..........I have no real idea

I think this is all of the areas I can change before the game starts (or set at least). Have to wait and see if I have made any bad decisions, but if you have any further insight sb (or Lul Thyme ), I would appreciate the input.

/me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Are we on an island?? I just read my food production and did the math, it looks like it is based on us being on an island, but if we are "#84" on the world map, it doesn't look to me that we are on an island.

Am I missing something here ?

/me

Comment

indeed, we are on an islannd.it will be worth the small measure of protection.

Comment

It won't protect self-biased however, as he was inactive for too long and deleted from the server

Lul Thyme and I are both still active within our alliance (which is getting it's butt kicked ).

/me

Comment

Okay, now Lul Thyme has been deleted too, I guess Apolyton isn't much interested in this game.

I find the game okay, but not great. Not really sure what I am doing just yet, but Iam figuring it out.

/me

Comment

meh. i've been without internet for a while. i should be back online wednesday or so.

Comment

I joined yesterday. I'm a preist of Apollo, ruler of Apollopolis

Comment

at this point i can't be arsed to rejoin. what day is it in the age?

Comment

Day 20 of 40 (just started day 20 15 minutes ago).

/me

Comment

i had plans, but i needed to start at the beginning of the age.

Comment

I'm out of the Guard now, wish me luck...

Comment

Working...
                              X